Advice

Dogs34

Hi, all looking for a bit of advice.

I have ordered a Caravelle executive in august. Expected delivery December. Upgrading from an All Space, family getting too big :)

The dealership is lending me a Caravelle executive for a week during the school holidays so I can have a play with it when taking the kids away.

I need to be able to put a Thule roof box on. I need the experts to help on these couple of ideas

1. I was going to buy VWs own fixed point crossbars to attach to the demonstrator and then retain them for my own car when I get it. I would only put the fixed bars on when using the roof box ie for family holidays away.
  2. Do fixed points look ok, my head is being turned by those T6s with fixed rails to which I can put crossbars on. But my pragmatic head is saying only need bars for roof box not that big a deal.
  3. I was obviously maybe going to purchase VW's own at the bigger expense, do any other forum users use aftermarket rails or fixed point combination that they could point me in the right direction. Im being swamped with all the choices out there, im not a tech guy im just a regular VW dad who has bought a bigger car for his brood.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for taking the time to step into the thread in advance

Back