Advice please

Big Rob

I have received a recall notice for my van. Problem I have is nearest dealer is 20 miles away, on Sunday I got engine management light come on the van.
Van has only covered 5,300 miles, just had message that oil change and inspection is due. Would this be the cause of engine management light coming on.
Do you think I would be safe to travel for recall and a service with the warning light on or is there risk of causing damage to my van.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated I’m located in Chesterfield
Thanks in advance
Rob

This light?
1686772197575.png
This is emission only indication - does not damage engine.

I would phone VW assist and ask for a VW dedicated engineer to come out. That’s what it’s there for. Say you are not happy driving it.

I have received a recall notice for my van. Problem I have is nearest dealer is 20 miles away, on Sunday I got engine management light come on the van.
Van has only covered 5,300 miles, just had message that oil change and inspection is due. Would this be the cause of engine management light coming on.
Do you think I would be safe to travel for recall and a service with the warning light on or is there risk of causing damage to my van.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated I’m located in Chesterfield
Thanks in advance
Rob
My oil change / inspection warning came on at 3189 miles. It turns out that the computer hadn't been calibrated as it left the dealers....in effect to zeros.

Back