Adding Additional oem roof/ceiling lights

Dibdab

Is it possible to add another 2 oem ceiling rocker lamps onto the existing wiring ? So i end up with 4 of the oem lights in the ceiling, adding a little symmetry, and extra light.

I have the 3 wire feed into the existing OEM lights but have added led bulbs into the units.

Is it simple to do and keep the switch capability on all lights?

Last edited:
Yes, quite simple. I didn't want to cut into the original loom so bought some extra 'genuine' male & female 3 wire plugs and made a pair of extension looms (one for the front & one for the rear light). Instead of the original plug going into the light, it connects to a female plug with a spur to the original light and one to the new light. All work exactly as before i.e. off/on/door open. I also have LED bulbs.

More info here:

Yes, quite simple. I didn't want to cut into the original loom so bought some extra 'genuine' male & female 3 wire plugs and made a pair of extension looms (one for the front & one for the rear light). Instead of the original plug going into the light, it connects to a female plug with a spur to the original light and one to the new light. All work exactly as before i.e. off/on/door open. I also have LED bulbs.
I've managed to get the extra male connectors from Ali express, might have a look for the female ones to keeps things tidy, but if I did just t tap off the original loom are you saying it all works?

@Hoarder where did you buy the genuine 3 wire plugs from ?

Do the two halves of the ali express version fit together better than the ali express to the original? If so, just take the wire terminals out of the original and refit into the ali express and then you can use the other half for your extension wiring.
You can get fairly extensive sets of terminal extraction tools to facilitate this.

Back