Adding Additional oem roof/ceiling lights

Dibdab

VIP Member
Is it possible to add another 2 oem ceiling rocker lamps onto the existing wiring ? So i end up with 4 of the oem lights in the ceiling, adding a little symmetry, and extra light.

I have the 3 wire feed into the existing OEM lights but have added led bulbs into the units.

Is it simple to do and keep the switch capability on all lights?

Last edited:

Hoarder

VIP Member
Yes, quite simple. I didn't want to cut into the original loom so bought some extra 'genuine' male & female 3 wire plugs and made a pair of extension looms (one for the front & one for the rear light). Instead of the original plug going into the light, it connects to a female plug with a spur to the original light and one to the new light. All work exactly as before i.e. off/on/door open. I also have LED bulbs.

Dellmassive

204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
More info here:

Dibdab

VIP Member
Yes, quite simple. I didn't want to cut into the original loom so bought some extra 'genuine' male & female 3 wire plugs and made a pair of extension looms (one for the front & one for the rear light). Instead of the original plug going into the light, it connects to a female plug with a spur to the original light and one to the new light. All work exactly as before i.e. off/on/door open. I also have LED bulbs.
I've managed to get the extra male connectors from Ali express, might have a look for the female ones to keeps things tidy, but if I did just t tap off the original loom are you saying it all works?

Qais2020

VIP Member
T6 Guru
@Hoarder where did you buy the genuine 3 wire plugs from ?