Add value to a T6 before selling

Hackneyed

So I bought one earlier this year, and whilst we’ve enjoyed it a lot, I’m no looking to pass it on, as we’re expecting a(nother) child late spring next year. T6, 2017 reg, redline (AC, 102ps), 34500 miles and a relatively basic conversion (pop-top, r&r bed, interior cabinetry).

The question is, do I just advertise it early next year, or would it be worth investing a little in the interior conversion to be able to improve the price a little?

It has the usual stuff, but no oven, no above cooker storage, the gas and water are just sat loose under the sink (meaning filling water needs to be done through the compartment), and no compartmentalisation of the right hand storage. It also has no installed heating.

What do you think?

Hiya,

Some pics would help. Nothing stopping you advertising it before Xmas. However, I would say that what you have is very versatile when there is a bambino on the way. All the baby stuff (prams, nappies etc) disappears in the van. Emergency nappy change? No probs, plenty of room in the van to do it! My regret is the money I spent on different cars to accommodate "baby stuff".

If you go down that route, then consider upgrading the bed so it has Isofix connectors.

So I bought one earlier this year, and whilst we’ve enjoyed it a lot, I’m no looking to pass it on, as we’re expecting a(nother) child late spring next year. T6, 2017 reg, redline (AC, 102ps), 34500 miles and a relatively basic conversion (pop-top, r&r bed, interior cabinetry).

The question is, do I just advertise it early next year, or would it be worth investing a little in the interior conversion to be able to improve the price a little?

It has the usual stuff, but no oven, no above cooker storage, the gas and water are just sat loose under the sink (meaning filling water needs to be done through the compartment), and no compartmentalisation of the right hand storage. It also has no installed heating.

What do you think?
If you get more back than you put in including labour, insurance, lost earnings if you have a better paid job and transport plus a decent margin of error it’s worth it.
Remember to add interest if you are borrowing money and deduct depreciation on the van for the delay in selling while you modify.
The important factor is making modifications that appeal to most potential buyers.
Next year the arse could drop out of the campervan market, but that’s the gamble you take.

Mine is up for sale at the moment (new house + 1st kiddie on the way) but looking at Autotrader ad views, interest has dropped a bit over the past 3 weeks. I have knocked £3k off the price so far but just can't seem to find a buyer. I need to get VIP and get it up for sale on here!

Thanks to everyone who's replied so far. Here's a pic. I don't have any of the interior to hand.

I mean, it's a smart looking van, I think. Not keen on the wheels and was going to swap for something a little less ostentatious, and some 4-season tyres, but won't bother now. The main question I guess, is whether upgrading the internals would potentially yield enough of a return to be worth-while. I paid about £36k for it.

IMG_3885.jpeg

Mine is up for sale at the moment (new house + 1st kiddie on the way) but looking at Autotrader ad views, interest has dropped a bit over the past 3 weeks. I have knocked £3k off the price so far but just can't seem to find a buyer. I need to get VIP and get it up for sale on here!
Congrats!

I would have thought the market for RVs is strictly seasonal, so don't plan to try to sell mine until February/March or so.

Back