Adblue - Information From Aa Recovery

Mines reading 3500miles to fill up, my local shell has it, do I just fill it up like a normal tank of fuel? Wait for the clicks? What does it read when full mileage wise ?

I've had mine sitting at 5ooo miles to fill up but don't know if it goes any higher. Really don't know about the pumps because i have always used the containers, but there were conversations somewhere else in the forum of people overfilling and the readout on the dash doesn't register what has been put in. To be on the safe side i just put in what the readout is telling me on the max, and if (and i assume it can) you can do this at the pump happy days.

I've had mine sitting at 5ooo miles to fill up but don't know if it goes any higher. Really don't know about the pumps because i have always used the containers, but there were conversations somewhere else in the forum of people overfilling and the readout on the dash doesn't register what has been put in. To be on the safe side i just put in what the readout is telling me on the max, and if (and i assume it can) you can do this at the pump happy days.

Is that those number like 0.95-something gallon?!

Yeah, underneath where it says 3500 to fill up it says min 1 gallon- max 1.5 gallon or something along those lines. This means you can put in between 1 and 1.5 gallons. Only fill up what it is telling you, or to be safe go in between. At 3500 to fill up you still have plenty of miles to cover before you get down to the 1500 mark, which is as i have been told and read in the forum the number you don't want to go below.

Mines reading 3500miles to fill up, my local shell has it, do I just fill it up like a normal tank of fuel? Wait for the clicks? What does it read when full mileage wise ?
Never overfill it, where it says 3500 miles it should say underneath min 1 gallon max 1.75 or whatever number. Just convert into litres and put the correct amount in.

Mine went down to 1000 miles so I filled up at the BP sttion at Milton useing the pump. After I filled it the MDF showed 6000 miles. Since then I have towed my caravan home and it still shows 6000 mile. Slightly worried as the lasttime I towed the van drunk blue quite quick. Got to tow the caravan back soon so bit worried the MDF is not reading right

Mine went down to 1000 miles so I filled up at the BP sttion at Milton useing the pump. After I filled it the MDF showed 6000 miles. Since then I have towed my caravan home and it still shows 6000 mile. Slightly worried as the lasttime I towed the van drunk blue quite quick. Got to tow the caravan back soon so bit worried the MDF is not reading right
Did you put in what it told you to do Road runner, or just fill it up?

Yep, it’s just like putting in fuel - the counter resets after a little while and shows the new mileage before top up
Only odd thing (at least up here) is you might need to prepay for the Adblue i

Did you put in what it told you to do Road runner, or just fill it up?
I think the issue some people had was that they were over filling and it wasn't registering. Yours obviously registered so i don't think there is too much to worry about, but it might be worth checking.

Filled it up till it shut off, thought that is what you were supposed to do.
On most cars they go into safe mode. The t6 by all accounts will refuse to start if there is no ad blue so as to completely protect the engine. If your mfd registered what you put in (which it did) then you are fine. All of this info is just stuff i looked up on internet, so for complete peace of mind i suggest checking it out.:thumbsup:

You could probably write down on the back of a stamp how much an AA patrolman knows about T6's, granted some will know more than others.

As above, just follow the instructions on the MFD, don't over/under fill or fill it before you need to.

Rule of thumb for my vans at work is that we wait until the van is showing 1500 miles and we then put a 10ltr bottle in, but we always check what the MFD says.

The adblue level sensors don't work like fuel tank senders, you can't simply top up the adblue because you feel like doing some preventative maintenance.

You could probably write down on the back of a stamp how much an AA patrolman knows about T6's, granted some will know more than others.

As above, just follow the instructions on the MFD, don't over/under fill or fill it before you need to.

Rule of thumb for my vans at work is that we wait until the van is showing 1500 miles and we then put a 10ltr bottle in, but we always check what the MFD says.

The adblue level sensors don't work like fuel tank senders, you can't simply top up the adblue because you feel like doing some preventative maintenance.

I don't see how you can overfill it - I put in 10 to 12 litres every time (filling the tank) and have no issues. As to the AA guy, he wasn't specific but said that he attends a lot of cars with AdBlue issues and these stem from half-empty tanks - hence his recommendation. I'm not sure about following the wisdom of VW when it comes to technology.....I love my van but I'm not sure VW really know what they're doing!

I'm sure I read there's a sensor towards the top of the filling pipe that can get flooded, plus you don't want that stuff on your paintwork, shoes, tarmac drive etc.

But filling it up before it's required is the bigger issue, the van will get confused about the correct level if you top up before being asked to.

I don't understand why they don't use a traditional sender unit like on a fuel tank, there must be a reason.

I'm sure I read there's a sensor towards the top of the filling pipe that can get flooded, plus you don't want that stuff on your paintwork, shoes, tarmac drive etc.

But filling it up before it's required is the bigger issue, the van will get confused about the correct level if you top up before being asked to.

I don't understand why they don't use a traditional sender unit like on a fuel tank, there must be a reason.

You might be right, but it would be a right faff filling up at the pump if you could only add so much?? I've just filled in the same way as putting in fuel. I wonder if the sender unit has to be different because crystals form if the stuff gets moisture around it?

Sooooooo........ because my brain doesn't do math...... when my thingy on the dash says 'AdBlue Range 1500 miles' how many litres of AdBlue do I put in without over filling the tank!!!!??????:confused:

Sooooooo........ because my brain doesn't do math...... when my thingy on the dash says 'AdBlue Range 1500 miles' how many litres of AdBlue do I put in without over filling the tank!!!!??????:confused:
It should say on it, though iirc it's in gallons

Back