AdBblue

Dpf delete won't delete ablue though.

Adblue is purely for reduce the nox emissions. Selective catalyst reduction it's called.

Euro 6 are less economical but 15% in my case.

Dpf delete won't delete ablue though.

Adblue is purely for reduce the nox emissions. Selective catalyst reduction it's called.

Euro 6 are less economical but 15% in my case.
Dpf delete for euro 5 I was spose to say , now that has surprised me thought the euro6 were better on fuel

Led to believe MOT test changing to incorporate some form of rolling road emissions testing will pick up NOX readings and DPF functionality

My Euro 6 is at least 15% more economical.
And has 21bhp and 40lbs-ft more.
And it seem at least in my case seems to love sitting at 75-80, still returned 35mpg at that speed with four up and three dogs this weekend. If I drive like a fart I can get up to low 40's but that 204 engine begs to be pushed!

In have not bettered 31mpg yet. Averaging 29. Last tank I got 26mpg. It's shit. It's been remapped which made no difference to the mpg but 188bhp and 320lbft.
Going to change to my new lighter 19" tomorrow and a narrower front tyres. See what that gives for the next 10k miles of the tyre.

In have not bettered 31mpg yet. Averaging 29. Last tank I got 26mpg. It's shit. It's been remapped which made no difference to the mpg but 188bhp and 320lbft.
Going to change to my new lighter 19" tomorrow and a narrower front tyres. See what that gives for the next 10k miles of the tyre.
Ratty.....I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious but there is something seriously wrong there.....either that or you have a penchant for driving in a pair of diving boots! At the moment I'm driving like miss daisy......too many near miss's with North Yorks speed camera vans.........my god, driving around here is a pain........N. Yorks police just love their vans! I'm showing 53 mpg at the moment (150 manual swb kombi)....in reality, if I was to do a manual calc right now, it would be more like 45-46mpg. I really am hypermiling it though.....my god, it's dull!!!!

I don't drive economically all the time. I stick to the speed limits for the most part and keep off the throttle as much as possible anticipating traffic and lights etc.
Alot of 50-70mph roads.

I drive the van the same as my t5.1, same roads, same loads. That managed 35mpg average, 39 on a great day.

It's been into VW and they found nothing. Pendle datalogs were as expected and it made the correct power. I'm not the only one. A few of my customers have the 150 and said the same thing. It's worse on fuel when loaded up. 2500 mile adblue range also. Not the 4-5k everyone else seems to get.

And it seem at least in my case seems to love sitting at 75-80, still returned 35mpg at that speed with four up and three dogs this weekend. If I drive like a fart I can get up to low 40's but that 204 engine begs to be pushed!
We got about 32mpg in France; lots of stop start driving around villages but also high speed runs across autoroutes, thats with two boards on the roof and four bikes hanging off the back. Perfectly happy with that.

Mine is doing the same as yours on fuel and adblue @RattyMcClelland I have not done many miles and still on standard wheels and suspension so I can't see that making any improvements? It is strange how there seems to be some big differences in MPG with the 150ps?

I don't drive economically all the time. I stick to the speed limits for the most part and keep off the throttle as much as possible anticipating traffic and lights etc.
Alot of 50-70mph roads.

I drive the van the same as my t5.1, same roads, same loads. That managed 35mpg average, 39 on a great day.

It's been into VW and they found nothing. Pendle datalogs were as expected and it made the correct power. I'm not the only one. A few of my customers have the 150 and said the same thing. It's worse on fuel when loaded up. 2500 mile adblue range also. Not the 4-5k everyone else seems to get.
This is all pretty alarming.......how can there be such a big difference? I sense another storm brewing where VW is concerned.......can there possibly be another maker out there inflicting such inconsistency on its customers? Not just fuel consumption but reliability too? I'll admit, I'm on a mission right now......I've always been able to get decent economy......ok, driving style comes into it, but I don't encounter much traffic and I don't carry loads so I'd say that is the main difference between me and you Ratty........hmmmmm, can these vans really be so sensitive to load carrying? I've mentioned this before......and I know it's probably a silly question, but have you checked to see if anything is binding.......I'm sure you will have and apologise if that sounds patronising......it's not meant that way. This is perplexing and worrying for the future because I'm not convinced that VW can compare to the likes of BMW and Honda when it comes to building engines?? Standing by for incoming now!!!!

oh yes......and on the subject of adblue........right now, I'm estimating my first refill to occur around the 6000-6500 mile mark. I'm beginning to think this could all change on the roll of a dice though!!

Isn't there a software update for the dsg? Maybe that might bring it more into line, @RattyMcClelland is yours dsg?
My 150DSG must be one of the first 150 in a Kombi as I picked mine up in September last year. As some of you know I've had a little problem or five with my Emissions system inc AdBlue. The dealer has checked with both VW Technical UK and it went to Factory level support too and there is no update for the Euro6 DSG for mine as it left factory with latest Software so can assume most of us 150 suffers are up to date.
What is going on is that they are running a "Campaign" on both the DSG and manual 150's (I'm lead to believe the 204 too if you have problems) to replace an exhaust pressure sensor that fits just before the DPF. They will not call you in like a recall but will carry out the work if you have problems or next time it's in for a service etc, so I'm told by VW which I'm finding harder to believe anything they say these days.
Mines done 245miles since sensor replaced and so far so good but normally it faults around 300miles so fingers crossed.

Just for info my MPG is shit too. Lucky to get 35MPG on empty roads, constant speed, long journeys and empty van.
Last VW I will ever own.

@mopardave I think you have a SPECIAL one ;):thumbsup:

Ha ha......yes.....but for how long??? By the way......when we talk about mpg figures, mine is really special.........I seem to have the worlds most optimistic MFD mpg readout......always a good 6 to 7 mpg over my manual calculation.....started off 4mpg over optimistic so by the end of the first year, I reckon mine will be reading about 62mpg on average......how the f*ck can it be so useless? :thumbsdown: Hang on a minute.....I wonder does that apply to my adblue countdown.......jeez, I'll stick the key in the ignition one day and there'll be two fingers stuck up at me on the MFD with "Fooled ya" underneath and the sound of laughter coming out of my speakers!!

Back