Acoustic pack

Jotto

Consulting Electrical Engineer
VIP Member
I realise a proper sound monitoring test would do it but can anyone quantify the reduction in sound from the thicker windscreen? I can't find it anywhere, nor can VW it seems. Experience of both in the same van would be very helpful.

The acoustic pack includes more then just the windscreen, according to my dealer anyway.

Acoustic pack? I thought the comfort pack included additional noise suppression measures.

Can't see an acoustic pack as a separate option. Other manufacturers include it as standard.

Maybe its different in Sweden, and I'm not sure.. It's just what the dealer told me when I asked if it was unnecessary to add acoustic glass when I order the heated windscreen.

There's no acoustic pack on the NL price list....or comfort pack either. (there is the style pack highline (STH) ) but that's all external changes, the 'comfort' dash, and includes cab carpets...but not more insulation.

Some extra bits of acoustic wadding here an there, like behind the dash etc.... seems to be a bit of an unknown as to exactly what's added and where.

The build list for my van (Highline 204 TSi DSG PV) includes "Additional sound deadening measures in cab" and "Special interior noise insulation" whatever either of those mean?

Mine had one small piece of foam under each hardboard panel! Bargain for $xxx. I sound proofed and insulated the lot for 200 and a few days work, so would not bother paying extra for it.

I looked into this today as my dealer offered it after me after asking about extra door seal options,it seems that these are no longer available as an option.so I’ll buy and fit my own.
But this option is actually available..
Acoustic pack includes:
Insulation engine bay
Insulation a pillars
Extra insulation floor
Thicker windscreen glass
£168 inc vat
Option code 3w4 I rang vw customer support they rang the brand and it is available if not on our configuratior it’s on the dealers
Hope this helps any others considering it

Back