Absolutely No Clue

Mrmyrtos

Hi peeps.
Never owned a van.
Keen on becoming a new owner.
I have looked at some of the posts about what I should look for.
Would be grateful for some links on reputable services on either...
Ready built or conversions.
I got about 20k to spend.
Much appreciated.
Thanks

20k to spend on the conversion?

Or 20k for a converted van?

20k will get you a high mileage T5 with a conversion but I really wouldn't expect much in terms of quality or standard at that price. Trust me I have been in the market for 6 months and I have just bought a low mileage T6 with full conversion for 10k more.

20k will get you a high mileage T5 with a conversion but I really wouldn't expect much in terms of quality or standard at that price. Trust me I have been in the market for 6 months and I have just bought a low mileage T6 with full conversion for 10k more.
Thanks Mat..
Really putting out the feelers for what I can get for the money

definitely rent one for a weekend to see if it is right for you first... you can get a fairly decent 2-3 year old T6 van (not converted) van for a bit more than that...

But you need to consider model, engine size, short or long wheel base, etc etc. your money will not go that far unfortunately... but it depends on your wants...

Check out the used van section on Used Vans & Commercial Vehicles for Sale | VWCV. Just note that most prices exclude VAT.

Also, a VW might not be the best option for you... a friend of a friend converted an ambulance and it is very cool...

£20k would get you a nice converted T5.1 I think, just not a good T6. You can find a T6 for that sort of money, but then the conversion cost on top, unless you are able to do the build yourself.

£20k would get you a nice converted T5.1 I think, just not a good T6. You can find a T6 for that sort of money, but then the conversion cost on top, unless you are able to do the build yourself.
I've heard alot of negatives about the engine of the t5
I might have to put my hand deep into my pockets
Thanks

I've heard alot of negatives about the engine of the t5
I might have to put my hand deep into my pockets
Thanks

Plenty of ex T5 and 5.1 owners in here to comment, but I don't think they have any more issues than any other potential purchase, just with better residential values than most other manufacturers.

Back