ABS sensor fault help!!!

Jake_marlow

Hi I am wondering if anyone has any advice. I have a problem with my t6.1 all my electric equipment stopped working so took back to VW main dealer as vans only done 7k miles and is 18months old. After having it for 2 days they’ve found the ABS sensor cable has rubbed on my after market tyres. They are saying it’s my fault and want £1200 to replace the sensor, wiring loom, and control module which has subsequently shorted out. But how do I prove it wasn’t like this from forecourt any advice would be great.
Is it possible for the break in the ABS sensor cable
to short out the module?

8B628442-6C05-4893-BF43-80826444F008.png

Why would it be damaged as described on the forecourt as you suggest ?
I should think the wheels have rubbed on the cable, not the other way around as you state.
I think you need to suck it up and stop looking for a way out.
Sorry to seem so harsh, but it's the way it is.
Spend some time sourcing alternative quotes from reputable auto-electricians....

Cant see anyway a damaged cable will short out the module, i think its more likely they changed the module first and found the wiring later, did you authorise any work ?

Personally if that was my van and i hadnt already agreed to spending loads of money/pre authorised something, i would agree to pay there labour charge for diagnostics and ask them to give it back with the old module in and get the wiring repaired yourself or with a local indy

Why would it be damaged as described on the forecourt as you suggest ?
I should think the wheels have rubbed on the cable, not the other way around as you state.
I think you need to suck it up and stop looking for a way out.
Sorry to seem so harsh, but it's the way it is.
Spend some time sourcing alternative quotes from reputable auto-electricians....
Sorry think you’ve miss read. Or my bad explanation. When leaving the forecourt I mean as in the cables position touching the wheel.
Cant see anyway a damaged cable will short out the module, i think its more likely they changed the module first and found the wiring later, did you authorise any work ?

Personally if that was my van and i hadnt already agreed to spending loads of money/pre authorised something, i would agree to pay there labour charge for diagnostics and ask them to give it back with the old module in and get the wiring repaired yourself or with a local indy
No I didn’t authorise the work.
They changed the module then found the cable and now want to charge me for the whole lot.

It’s a tricky situation !!
I feel for the garage as sometimes parts have to be changed to move forwards with fault finding but if you didn’t authorise it should you be expected to pay ??
Is the old module really toast ?

It’s a tricky situation !!
I feel for the garage as sometimes parts have to be changed to move forwards with fault finding but if you didn’t authorise it should you be expected to pay ??
Is the old module really toast ?
Yeah very tricky.
Well im just going by what they have told me. So I’m unsure. I feel like they’ve not really explained themselves well and left me feeling like they are taking advantage. Surely £1200 is a ludicrous amount?

VW dealers are over £100 an hour + vat so with parts doesn’t take long to get big numbers

IMO regardless of who’s fault / root cause I would expect a phone call prior to the repairer fitting new parts.
People who drop a vehicle off and say ‘whatever it takes’ are signing a blank cheque. I’m not inferring that this is the case with your repair.

I would get back to them with, "I only authorised the diagnostics work; please return the vehicle" then repair the chaffed loom.

Back