Abs Fault

JT6

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can help me. I have ABS/Traction control lights up on my dash along with 2 error messages: Error ABS Stabilisation Control (ESC) and Error: Start / Stop (is this because of the ABS fault?)

I also have a few fault codes from Carista - google is no help atall with the codes unfortunately, so I wondered if anyone here would be able to shine any light on it?

I have recently fitted some B14s so wondering if may of damaged a connector etc during the process. To add to that - I ran the battery flat during the process :thumbsdown:and jump started it - so could that of blown somthing?

Engine:

ABS:
00056 - Blower engine for temperature sensors inside (V210)

Headlight aiming:

Thanks for any help anyone can offer :)

Ah - just sorted this, must of been the connection on the front hub. A fiddle then reset on Carista has sorted it :thumbsup:.

Not sure if admins can delete this thread now - I’m not sure how.

Joe.

have you cleared all the codes . . . . did they come back?

any chance of a screen shot of the codes?

after flat battery: the windows and radio would need resetting . . . . not sure if the steering angle sensor needs resetting , , , that may effect the ESC.

Reactions: JT6
Although this was sorted - for future reference.

Address 01: Engine
12888 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module --- U0415 00

Address 55: Headlight Range
13705986 - Databus --- U1123 00 - Received Error Message

The "00056" is a weird one - not even the Google doesn't recognize it.
However OBDeleven prints out pretty much same explanation but I'm not sure if that actually makes sense...
OBD11_lookup.jpg
PS. The Lookup function above in OBDeleven (Android app) works often quite well ;)- free, without registration or dongle.

EDIT:
00056 belongs to
Address 08: Auto HVAC
00056 - Interior Temperature Sensor Blower (V210)​
Still a bit unclear... anyway a temperature sensor?​

Last edited:
Although this was sorted - for future reference.

Address 01: Engine
12888 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module --- U0415 00

Address 55: Headlight Range
13705986 - Databus --- U1123 00 - Received Error Message

However OBDeleven prints out pretty much same explanation but I'm not sure if that actually makes sense...
View attachment 39031
PS. The Lookup function above in OBDeleven (Android app) works often quite well ;)- free, without registration or dongle.

EDIT:
00056 belongs to
Address 08: Auto HVAC

Thanks for the response mmi! Will be handy to know for future or someone else scouring google one day for an answer.

Yes, odd codes, It’s quite odd none of them would clear, then once I fiddled with the abs plug a little and reset it they all cleared!

Anyhow just hope they don’t come back for now I guess as I’m out of warranty now (5th March) :(

Thanks again, Joe

Reactions: mmi
Thought to post it here, after making an auto scan of the vcds I got some faults from the ABS. One seems to be coming from the airbag.
First one: 0320 - System Function Test Activated C101F 00 (009) - -
Second one: 8224 - Databus U1122 00 (009) - Implausible message (ACAN: Airbag coding missmatch)

In the Airbag section: 12854016 - Databus U1122 00 (009) - Implausible Message (Kombi1 DLC Error)

Tried to clear the faults, but they came back after that.

I had the two plug under the seat unplugged while driving (after doing some work underneath the swivel), maybe something to do with that?

Grtz Jan

View attachment 39031

EDIT:
00056 belongs to
Address 08: Auto HVAC​

I think I'm learning here. I'd like to think that more likely candidate for the 00056 is actually 0056 - here ---> Vcds And Carista Fault Codes

I dont think this should be continued here when its apparent there are multiple issues with the coding in your van

Can i request you continue this in the thread you started earlier where everything will be in context and make more sense :thumbsup:

here >

Back