AA vs Nationwide FlexPlus Account

Gareth Edmondson

T6 Pro
Morning All,

Does anyone have a Nationwide FlexPlus account? The one which offers AA recovery as part of the product? In the Nationwide document it says : "Important: This policy is a benefit under your FlexPlus Nationwide account and does not provide you with the same level of cover as full AA Personal Membership."

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the differences are? Before I start comparing two 42 page policy documents.

We are off to Europe for the Summer and are debating the Nationwide FlexPlus account as it offers quite a lot under one banner.

Cheers

Gareth

I think we have this. My other half drove our Passat from Scotland to the south coast a couple of weeks ago. On route to collect her sister from Brixton, she found the brakes were showing as a fault, on the dash. She parked up at the hotel outside Milton Keynes for the night and in the morning it would not move. She called the recovery number and the AA turned up within an hour. They diagnosed worn pads, rear inner, and a broken Dual Mass Flywheel gone too. Initially he offered recovery to the destination (south coast), or home (Scotland) via Relay. He phoned the headquarters for a local recommendation but they couldn't help. In the end he phoned his own service centre who recommended a garage in Luton. When he called them, they said they could replace the brakes and DMFW that day. So as he was able to get the vehicle moving he followed her down the motorway to the garage. They had a couple of AA vans in at the same time.
In my own experience of the AA recoveries over the years, they're service was comparable with the AA Relay membership we used to have.
My other half printed out the info on the breakdown cover, laminated it and has it in the van and the car.

Thanks @DaveCrampton - Since posting my original mail, I have taken the Nationwide offer as it made sense. It also offers zero fees on foreign transactions so that is a big thing too. The mobile phone and travel insurance was good too.

I read all the policies.

G

Back