A Seat In The Boot..

Abbo

I have a captain’s passenger seat and n the odd occasion having a 6th would be handy. Has anyone fitted a seat in the boot area of a kombi swb? Only needs to be a single and if it worked like the other seats with quick release it would be pukka.

Thanks Duncan, that’s exactly what I’m after. Did you have to get the van checked or approved after modification e.g vosa? How did you go about fixing the floor fixings in? Where did you manage to find the seat?

Just checked my v5 and it says 6 seats despite me having only 5!

IMG_2553.JPG I found the seat on e bay, it's the middle out of a 1+1+1 rear seat setup it was genuine and new (removed by a disabled conversion firm) I know he has more for sale. Mine was a converted van to a 6 seat kombi, (we need 6 seats) however the bench front seat was cramped and uncomfortable with a baby seat on it. So the van was registered as a 6 seat when converted, I had the firm who originally converted and certified the kombi seats fit a captain seat and this one with the correct underbracing and genuine quick release floor mounts. We are very happy with this set up, works well for us with 2 baby seats, a toddlers seat and a comfy seat for the eldest and a captains seat (on a swivel base) for the wife. All that and the double pram still fits in the back without folding it down, still leaving a large boot space..

Back