A bit of advice

rhidmog

Hopefully posting this in the right place, please move if not.

just after some advice really,

in the process of buying a van, there's a few that have peaked my interest but just wondering what the best course of action would be.

im looking at swb kombis, and seen two that i like,

one is a 67 plate with 67k miles
the other a 14 plate with 30k

both the same price both roughly same area

pretty much the same spec

my question is is it better to go with the newer van with higher miles or the older van with lower miles?

my heads saying that the lower miles is the best always but i have a little voice saying newer is better for some reason

Also just as thought mpg wise is there a noticeable difference between the auto and manual?
Mainly around town trips with the occasional motorway stretch

thoughts?
rhid

Last edited:
Generally speaking I would buy on condition and service history however a 14 plate will be a T5.1, 67 plate will be a T6 will they not?

In this instance I would be inclined to got with the newer one. Have you been to see them both?

Always think ahead to resale time. If you keep the van for several years which one would be the most desirable in the used market? I'd say buyers would typically lean towards the later model.

Thanks guys!!!

Went with your advice had another look at found a 16platr with 51k so feel it’s a good compromise on both front should be picking it up on Saturday!

Back