6.1 Van-x Glove box insert - how I did it

archersam

VIP Member
T6 Guru
No instructions so guessed how to do it

- Prise out the stereo surround
- Remove the air vent

The self adhesive pads were useless, the magnetic is super strong so it will pull the screws off your screwdriver tip EVEN if you have just magnetised the tip so youll need to have good dexterity,

Air vent side bracket:
- place the panel in situ and the tab should sit flush with the empty box.
- I marked outsides of the bracket with a sharpie then removed the lid and made small pilot with a bradawl
- fitted screws.
- snapped off tag and voila passenger side done

Drivers side bracket.

- I cut the tag in half so as to not have to remove full stereo surround
- with the lid on I took a guess in where it should sit bases in tab location
- bradawl small pilot then inserted screws
- tested lid - was a bit “loose”
- moved bracket closer to cockpit and additional pilots made
- much better “lock” with the magnets

I am quite happy with the match to the gloss black trims that I already had painted by my friend so doesnt look like will need a paint. I am now off for a drive to see how it stands up to vibrations etc.

thumbnail_IMG_3058.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3056.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3057.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3060.jpgthumbnail_IMG_3061.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3059.jpgthumbnail_IMG_3062.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3066.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3055.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3058.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3063.jpg

No instructions so guessed how to do it

- Prise out the stereo surround
- Remove the air vent

The self adhesive pads were useless, the magnetic is super strong so it will pull the screws off your screwdriver tip EVEN if you have just magnetised the tip so youll need to have good dexterity,

Air vent side bracket:
- place the panel in situ and the tab should sit flush with the empty box.
- I marked outsides of the bracket with a sharpie then removed the lid and made small pilot with a bradawl
- fitted screws.
- snapped off tag and voila passenger side done

Drivers side bracket.

- I cut the tag in half so as to not have to remove full stereo surround
- with the lid on I took a guess in where it should sit bases in tab location
- bradawl small pilot then inserted screws
- tested lid - was a bit “loose”
- moved bracket closer to cockpit and additional pilots made
- much better “lock” with the magnets

I am quite happy with the match to the gloss black trims that I already had painted by my friend so doesnt look like will need a paint. I am now off for a drive to see how it stands up to vibrations etc.

View attachment 197209
View attachment 197211

View attachment 197212

View attachment 197215View attachment 197216
View attachment 197214View attachment 197217
View attachment 197219

View attachment 197210

View attachment 197213

View attachment 197218
Looks very nice in situ

I have this as being delivered tomorrow so the instructions will help. I didn’t read the listing properly though as I thought it was hinged!?!?! Bugger!!

They're on sale at the minute and I'm tempted as we otherwise don't really use that storage area, are you still happy with yours @archersam @Winston-TooTis ?

The instructions on the website now seem to suggest no trim removal is needed, I assume there isn't much to hit when making pilot holes?

They're on sale at the minute and I'm tempted as we otherwise don't really use that storage area, are you still happy with yours @archersam @Winston-TooTis ?

The instructions on the website now seem to suggest no trim removal is needed, I assume there isn't much to hit when making pilot holes?
Yeh I’m happy with mine. I had them add PPF when doing my headlight tint as it scratches easily. I rarely remove it as the items behind there are things i want in the van however don’t need very frequently etc.

Back