5th Gear Ratio....

zombie_T6

T6 Guru
does anyone know what the 5th gear ratio is on the the 102bhp vans?

Was thinking I might swap out for a better ratio, try and drop the RPM by 300, should make it more derivable at speed without too much impact on B' road journeys.

Doesn't look like a massive job and with a remap I think the van should pull ok.

Yeah that is my plan at some point but a gear set is around £200 and a used 6 speed is £1000

you could just up the size of tyre.This will help all the through the box and as 1st gear is low for pulling weigh if you run not fully loaded it will drive better. The speedo will be out but if you have sat nav you can see by how much. It shouldn't take much to drop 300 rpm at motorway speeds.

does anyone know what the 5th gear ratio is on the the 102bhp vans?

Was thinking I might swap out for a better ratio, try and drop the RPM by 300, should make it more derivable at speed without too much impact on B' road journeys.

Doesn't look like a massive job and with a remap I think the van should pull ok.
I think this would be my actual definition of "a massive job" :rofl:

If what I’ve read is correct then you don’t even have to remove the gearbox. Unbolt the end cover on the box and undo retaining bolts and bracket, heat 5th gear to 100c with a heat gun and slide off.
Pre heat new gear, slide on and reassemble

I’m sure there may be a bit more to it than that, but it is almost that simple...., I think

Back