5 Seat Kombi, Can I Retro Fit An Additional Single Behind The 2nd Row?

Vdubcuz

Sales Director
T6 Pro
Hi guys, occasionally need to fit a 6th person in the van, can I retro fit using Oem parts?

I've got a mate who did exactly that using a single centre seat with integral seat belt.

@Vdubcuz Yes it is completely do-able. The Kombi floor mat actually has all of the possible seat feet locations already marked in it; they are all shown on the underside, so you can simply cut out the ones you need.
You’ll need 4 Quick Release floor brackets with the fixing bolts and strengthening plates for going under the chassis.
As @.50 says ^^^^^ the best seat to get hold of for your needs is the centre single seat that would usually go on the middle row when there is the 3xsingle configuration. Reason being is that the feet are in the correct place (in the middle of the seat base frame - if you get the left or right single seat, the feet are not in the same place and are not the same distance apart and therefore won’t fit where you want to locate it), and it comes with an integrated seat belt.

I think the only standard option for the back row is a triple bench so I think you would only have the markings/option to have the brackets in the centre which would put your single seat right in the middle

Reactions: .50
Brilliant, thanks chaps.
Regarding fitting the seat locators, anything underneath I have to remove to get to the floor or is it just straightforward to put on a ramp and fit so to speak?

I think the only standard option for the back row is a triple bench so I think you would only have the markings/option to have the brackets in the centre which would put your single seat right in the middle

My mates single is fitted over to one side.
I'll try and get him to send me over a picture.

That’s handy to know, I was just thinking about markings on the floor/mat as it’s normally a triple bench at the back so figured it would only be marked in the middle ?

@Pauly, can I get the brackets and bolts from you sir?.
I’ll try and find a second hand seat with the internal seatbelt as it will only be used once in a while.

@Pauly, can I get the brackets and bolts from you sir?.
I’ll try and find a second hand seat with the internal seatbelt as it will only be used once in a while.
I can get them but they are not that cheap you would be better doing as Jason suggested above and see if you can a deal on seats and fixings from a converter, also not sure what you will need to go underneath for strengthening plates as this may depend on what position you for it etc ?
I would give Colin a shout and get some professional advice in terms of position/fixings etc so you know what your options are before you start spending money

Pretty much already been answered, but the middle single seat from a shuttle will fit straight in with its integral seat belt. I can get the seats. The floor has the little cutouts ready like the middle row. Can go in either side. Let me know if you need any help or pricing.

Back