5.1 Replacement seats for existing factory heated seats compatibility

Robury

Hi, I am going to replace my current factory heated front seats, (captain plus double passanger) for 2 single swivel heated seats. Will I have problems connecting another manufactures heated seats to the existing wiring or should I stick to VAG seats? Will all VAG heated seats just plug in and work like my existing ones? Many thanks for any help, Rob

Pity no one has replied as I have a similar question !

I have a heated double bench that I am replacing to a single seat
I have the choice of paying £900 for a heated VW OEM seat which I assume will be plug and play
or paying £200 less for a non heated OEM seat and then retrofitting a heating pad (but have no idea if this can just be plugged in)

What did you end up doing?

Hi, I have gone down a route that with hindsight buying a T5 single heated seat, although expensive, would have been so much easier.

I purchased a set of Phaeton seats from Germany and now have the drivers seat installed but every stage had been a right pain. I am now even thinking of buying a heated single T5 passenger seat as then everything works together with the vans canbus systems rather than add another complex wiring system.

I would recommend where possible to go OEM and although expensive the vw heated ones should just plug in and work and save on a lot of agro!

Hope that helps

Back