4 Motion Off Road Wheels Size Difference For Spare?

Mark Howkins

T6 Pro
Intent - change wheel tyre combination for BF Goodrich

If changing the wheels/tyres on a 4 motion - do I have to keep the spare exactly the same size due to transmission system?

4 Motion T32 Steels - anything I should consider eg. size, big brakes etc.

2 initial thoughts.
1. A spare is an emergency wheel in this case.. therefore it would be fine to get from A-2-B. I would leave it, if it was me.
2. If you also upgrade your spare, will it fit in the carrier?. If not then it a whole new concern.

T32 will have the larger brakes.

You should have a spare the same size on a 4 motion, if not, use an inflation kit to get you to a tire shop, i'd hate to know how much a damaged driveline would cost.

I have been informed that 225/65R17 All terrain Kumho's fit by Trakka, (Australian Campervan manufacturer)

So the 225/65R17 KO2's should in theory fit, i do plan on fitting the Ko'2 in the next 3 months

I run over sized tyres 235/60/17, but my spare in OEM 235/55/17.

My thoughts are, if one tyre were under inflated by 10psi or so, it would amount to the same situation, and that would be absolutely fine in terms of 4 motion.

So I keep the OEM spare, and maintain it at a high pressure, I'm 99.9% sure it is fine

You should have a spare the same size on a 4 motion, if not, use an inflation kit to get you to a tire shop, i'd hate to know how much a damaged driveline would cost.

I have been informed that 225/65R17 All terrain Kumho's fit by Trakka, (Australian Campervan manufacturer)

So the 225/65R17 KO2's should in theory fit, i do plan on fitting the Ko'2 in the next 3 months

Ditto - BFG 225/65/17 fro me too. I just need to decide on refurbished Satin Black Steels or new New Satin Black Alloys, price difference is only around +200 for new Alloys, or +800 for the Rhino Warlords!!

I run over sized tyres 235/60/17, but my spare in OEM 235/55/17.

My thoughts are, if one tyre were under inflated by 10psi or so, it would amount to the same situation, and that would be absolutely fine in terms of 4 motion.

So I keep the OEM spare, and maintain it at a high pressure, I'm 99.9% sure it is fine

I like your theory, in addition rolling speed of all wheels will be slightly different for all wheels dependent on road/terrain/cornering.

Ditto - BFG 225/65/17 fro me too. I just need to decide on refurbished Satin Black Steels or new New Satin Black Alloys, price difference is only around +200 for new Alloys, or +800 for the Rhino Warlords!!

im bias, but then again i have satin black rims

IMG_1036.JPG

Back