3mm lightweight ply for wall lining/decoration instead of carpet??

Surfcamper

Anyone used the Morland (or other brand) 3mm lightweight plywood boards for their walls instead of carpet lining? If so do you have pics and how does it impact on warmth in the van. Don't want carpet lining throughout and there are some bonny colours on 3mm ply boards but would it offer enough warmth when van fully insulated? As an aside what is the usual thickness of the ply that the carpet lining covers?

Carpet is great and I our last van was ply and then carpet lined, but this time I'm hoping to do something a little different. The carpet did get wet and worn with wet dog, surfboards, windsurf stuff, bikes and it can be difficult to get sand out of it. This time I was thinking carpet line the edges- like the metal work round the back door and round the pop top. Then the lower half of the van would be fiber glassed up till about half way. The main panels on the drivers side and on the passenger side I was thinking a laminated ply that's easy to wipe down.
Wondered if anyone else had used laminated ply and left it uncarpeted? any problems? did it make the van cooler?

Shouldn't make a difference in temperature I wouldn't have thought, in terms of the physics. The carpet is pretty thin compared to the insulation most people use. The only worry would be condensation forming on the surface, you don't get that (or can't see or feel it) on carpeted areas.

Hadn't really thorught about the condensation, good point.
Went over to the Stitches and Steel website and well impressed with the pully system bed, wouldn't work for us but ingenious. They do have bare panels, that's pretty much what I was looking for thanks russ_e

Back