235/60/18 Tyres Have I Made A Mistake?

FunkyT

Looks like i might of messed up.
Just got a set of Cross Climates fitted in the size above.
Do you think it will rub.
Fitted on a set of vw dakar 18"

on what van?

with what suspension setup? factory or moded?

and what gap have you got between the tyre and wheel arch?

50mm larger diameter! That’s a little on the large size. Do you have the larger 17” brakes?

Is it rubbing on full lock left & right?
I would have thought you will bottom out on rough roads, but you might only rub the inner plastic arches and do no damage to the tyre or vehicle.
There are plenty of T5 owners who run the 255/55/18 which have the same rolling radius as yours, but are slightly wider. So the 40mm drop may be on the low side; have you got wheel spacers? These may well help

255/50/19 rubbed the inners and tops of the arches on full lock on my van with B14 suspension.

You'll hear it on full lock, or drive for a few miles over a variety of surfaces, pull over on full lock and look behind the wheel for any obvious new markings such as these -

2018-11-05 14.34.31.jpg 2018-11-05 14.34.35.jpg

255/50/19 rubbed the inners and tops of the arches on full lock on my van with B14 suspension.

You'll hear it on full lock, or drive for a few miles over a variety of surfaces, pull over on full lock and look behind the wheel for any obvious new markings such as these -

View attachment 31603 View attachment 31604
Do you have standard T6 wheel ET offsets?, if so a 25mm (for a 235 tyre) or so wheel spacer can make a difference.

I don’t know what the wheel offsets were, but the guys that fitted my B14’s did try every possible way to stop them rubbing which included spacers I believe.

I gave up and brought new 20” wheels :mad:

Back