2016 t6 tail lights not working and interior light above dash not working? Help please

Benl27

Hi all I have recently renovated my 2016 t6 transporter van. Before i started my lights all worked bar the rear fog as bulb had gone and also my rear barn door light had stopped. Interior light did work aswell.

Since then I have realised my interior light has stopped working. I have changed the bulbs that had blown and my rear barn door lights have been changed but one had corroded inside the 2 pin connector as I couldn’t get it to clip all the way, the light did work but very faintly so I knew there was power. This is currently disconnected and 2 pin connector has been cut off the positive and negative have not touched.

All my other rear lights are working but my running side lights are not. The bulbs have been checked and are good, we have tested to see if there is power to it and when lights are on its reading 12v and when lights are off 0 volts. We have checked the fuses under gear stick and they seem good however I’m going to double check these today. If someone could point out the corrected one that would be great.

I don’t believe I need to buy a new rear light bulb unit as both of the sides are identical and I have been instructed to look on these forums as they are really good.

Hope someone can help and thanks for reading.

Interior lights, front DRL’s and rear tail lights are this fuse.

B55C3520-770E-48EB-8F3E-10F65F5B6743.jpeg

I have placed a 7.5amp fuse in here but I don’t think it has a metal insert in the fuse board ? Either way it doesn’t work when I pop the fuse in so just pressuring this is the case.

Also my fuses don’t seem to be up together like yours. It’s very confusing and annoying

It’s more than possible that VW have changed the layout, mines a MY2018. I’d say it will definitely be a fuse so you’ll have to check them all. Stat with the 7.5a ones. Be careful to put them back in the same slot as you work through them.

Back