2013 first conversion new member

Morrissky2018

Hi everyone

I’m considering buying my sky van it’s a 2013 swb . I’ve had the use of it since it had 60 mile on the clock . It’s kitted our we sat nav ac cruise and captains seat so pimped up its make an excellent kombi . After much research it’s clear it will the best option for my wife and three kids if I buy it and then convert the back . Just wondered if the rear seats are a diy job ? Read a bit about insurance plus my kids will be in them . I’m sure they ll be done info on here but I’ve yet to look .

If your not a man of spanners then its prob not a DIY job
The extra seats bolt down through the floor but require strengthening plates to be fitted underneath to make sure they stay put in the event of an accident and it will probably require the fuel tank to be dropped to place a couple of the brackets/bolts so not something you want to do on the drive.
If you use a proper company like Colin @VWVC Oxford T5 then they can supply and fit the seats or if you have the seats they can supply the brackets and do the fitting and you get a fitting certificate that you can provide to your insurance to show they are safe and roadworthy.
If you are carrying your kids in the back like many of us do then you want to know they are fitted properly :thumbsup:

If your van is like my sky broadband it will be slow and cost a fortune to run.
Sorry couldn't help it.

Sadly I'm no use as I don't have rear seats fitted. However this forum is the place to find the answer....

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Cheers guys , found a place near me in Sheffield 225 plus vat to fit the seats , 300 plus vat for both side windows .

I am quite handy but my kids will be sitting in them so fir 225 plus , it’s a no brainer. I am thinking of sound proofing myself and carpeting it . On a sour note today it’s starting making a grating noise only slightly though , it’s best heard with your ear on the gearstick but I think it could be the flywheel still got 4-5 month of lease left before sky off hire it so hopefully it’ll go before then I can get replaced at vw with sky footing the bill .

Back