2.5 AXD turbo problems

Ca11um43

I have a VW Transporter with the 2.5 (AXD) engine, and I have a problem with the turbo. Are there any turbo experts out there, that could help? I did an engine flush followed by a service, and ever since that I keep getting excessive oil coming from the turbo. It's absolutely everywhere (intake side, exhaust side, etc), but I think the worst of it is coming from the intake side, as I can see a pool of oil bubbling out the pipe from the turbo, with the boost pipe disconnected. I put it down to a blown seal, and fitted a reconditioned one. It was idling fine for about 10-20 minutes, then oil started bubbling up out of the intake side of the turbo again, like it was doing before. Now I'm worried that there is an even bigger problem elsewhere. Luckily the turbo is still under warranty, so it has been sent off for testing. But why do the seals keep on blowing in the turbo? Or where else could the oil be coming from? I've done some basic checks for excessive crankcase pressure, and everything seems to be fine from what I can tell. I have attatched pictures of the original turbo, and a video link of what it's doing:

Messenger_creation_bed8c0c2-8729-4744-b61c-a88a12b45c16.jpeg

Messenger_creation_e0959796-554c-4ed2-bb62-bbb1794033d4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back