18mm One Piece Ply Floor

That’s a weighty sheet. I went for Garnica Ultralight which is 2x4.5 mm sandwiching a 9mm XPS core. I could only find it in the standard sheet size, although not an issue for me as it was in several pieces anyway to go around the rails.

That’s a weighty sheet. I went for Garnica Ultralight which is 2x4.5 mm sandwiching a 9mm XPS core. I could only find it in the standard sheet size, although not an issue for me as it was in several pieces anyway to go around the rails.
Thanks, I’ll have a look at those sheets. What rails did you fit?

In the end I had a Reimo Variotech 3000 installed. Every other option was either not the bed design I wanted (3 panel preferred to RocknRoll), not LWB, or wouldn’t fit to 4Motion. The floor ended up with another layer on top as it is quite deep.

Bought from Atlantic Timber, along with my lightweight poplar ply.

In the end I had a Reimo Variotech 3000 installed. Every other option was either not the bed design I wanted (3 panel preferred to RocknRoll), not LWB, or wouldn’t fit to 4Motion. The floor ended up with another layer on top as it is quite deep.

Im looking at fixing the Glidemotion RIB and they specify an 18mm floor is needed to flush mount the rails. That sheet looks good and it is a lot lighter!! Thanks for the link

What did you do about your side step? With the 18mm floor height the Kombi step wont fit so was wondering how you have finished the flooring around the step or did you manage to get a deeper one?

I got a Caravelle step in, and some longer clips, as mine was really deep. Some more info on the build blog:

I got a Caravelle step in, and some longer clips, as mine was really deep. Some more info on the build blog:

Thank you, I just read through blog! Really interesting stuff, I love seeing how other people have done things!

Hello again! Sorry to drag this thread up again! I was just wondering what you did about the rear threshold strip after putting the 18mm floor in? Did you get a new threshold strip that goes over the top of the flooring? if so, where did you get it from!? Thank you!

By the time I had all the layers to come up to the Variotech rails, I was +30mm. I had to finish with aluminium trim down to the threshold. I used a long threshold from THQ. This would easily cover +18mm. I’ll post a picture shortly.

Long threshold, trimmed back to meet the end of the Variotech rails, and floor trimmed with AL angle. This was the way the Reimo fitters would do it if they put the floor in.

IMG_1673.jpeg

Back