18" tyre issue with front assist. (?)

Charliebucket

Hi,
About 6 months ago I fitted some 18" Rhino Warlord wheels & 235/55/18 tyres to my T6 (2018).
Looked great, felt great but in the past 2 or 3 weeks i've had warning lamps come on. - ABS - Stability control - Front assist. Also, hill hold has stopped working. Not constant, but pretty much every trip I do they will appear.

I took it back to the dealer that I bought it from for diagnostics. They are not a main dealer but pretty well regarded locally. The mechanic brought up a number of faults that I dont have record of at the moment but he said looking at them he would bet the issue was the bigger tyres throwing out the front assist sensor/camera and that I would be best taking it to an auto electrician for further diagnostics.
I did point out that they had been on 6 months with no issue but he seemed sure.

How does this sound to folks who undoubtedly have more experience of these things than I do?
Should I be taking it elsewhere?

The fault log would be more than useful.
What was tyre size from factory? What engine, gearbox? Do you have ACC, or only Front Assist? Any specific speed (above?) which would trigger the fault?

Possibly something similar in here:

That’s an interesting read. So maybe something in it after all.
I don’t have the fault log unfortunately. It’s a 2.0d 150 manual and it doesn’t have ACC. Just front assist. It came to me with after market low profiles the size of which I don’t recall. The ones I put on were probably an inch taller when out back to bank but that’s the best I can give. Not speed related, the warnings just ping on usually when I start the engine. Sometimes they go off after a short while, sometimes not.

Reactions: mmi
Back