18" Disc Wheels

burnercan

VIP Member
Does anyone have these? The minister of home affairs mandated that they had to be included on the order, and although I like the look I would've preferred a 17". I'm trying to get to the bottom of how much they weigh. They look heavy.. Anybody know how they compare to say, the 18" Springfields or any of the 17"?

Image 29-09-2017 at 5.35 PM.jpg

Are those the wheels off the Caravelle Generation 6?
Is it a steel or alloy wheel behind that cap?

Nice wheels, I would take those with the van, and when you get it swop for some cheap 17"Devonports and sell the 18s and make youeself some cash to spend on other bits :whistle:

I don't mind the Devonports, but, around here at least, you'd think they were the ONLY wheel choice on a new bus. Everybody seems to have them... I really like what @HotandCold did with the 17" Steelies in white. Might head in that direction for the winter set.

I don't mind the Devonports, but, around here at least, you'd think they were the ONLY wheel choice on a new bus. Everybody seems to have them... I really like what @HotandCold did with the 17" Steelies in white. Might head in that direction for the winter set.
Good choice 17" steels are nice, I like the 18" Amarok steels too.

Hi Burnercan.
I'm after a set of these Caravelle Discs.
Are you selling them?
Does anyone else have a set for sale?

PB.

I will second that comment above if anyone has a set of these they want to sell, or do a deal on a set of Devonports, that have done 5 miles.
PM me.

If I can get a set, I will have them painted gloss Black. I think the Black against the Chrome disc will look really nice on my van.

I don’t have the Van yet, another 30ish weeks to wait! Then I’ll decide if I’ll keep or sell them. They didn’t have a model with them in abt the dealers around here to actually see what they’re like in the flesh. I also like how they look without the huge disc, maybe some caps from a bug would look nice on them.

Back