18” Winter Tyres

DaveF

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've some 18” rims for winter tyres - what’s everybody running? Looking at 255 45’s

Only issue is the tyres have to be rated for a T32 - so 103V or higher - can't seem to find any 235's with that rating.....?

255/45R18 WANLI S1083 103V XL (CAR WINTER)

we ran these on a van 2 years ago and although they are budgets gave a very impressive grip

think they were £65 each

£53.10p from camskill today

well worth a try at that price i always run budget winters on all my vehicles
never had a problem

Last edited:
I put 215 65 16C on mine, Nokian or Conti depending on whats laying about!

I run Hankook i cept Evo 2 (w320) at 255 45 18. through the winter months. What I like most about the Hankooks is that they feel like a normal tyre in normal conditions yet still work very well on snow (fresh or compacted).

Although narrow tyres do help in deep snow they feel skittish and as if they are 'tucking under' on bends due to the width of the tyres and the movement of the tread blocks. You usually find that numpties in BMWs have managed to block most of the UK road infrastructure so you'll not be going anywhere anyway.

I am running Nokia’s WRA4 winter tyres in 255/45/18 all year round and have been quite impressed except that one front has worn a lot more than the other. Annoyingly Nokia’s don’t do that size any more so looking for something new as well

In my experience the 255 width has worked fine in the snow, and it is anyway very seldom that you are actually running on snow rather than slush, or just cold wet roads

I’m thinking the same and going 255 45’s - they’ll be going on next month

Back