12v circuit issue

GordonHR

T32 150 DSG shuttle
T6 Guru
I have had a 240 / 12v / solar system fitted on my van and need some help please. (The solar panel is removable and not currently hooked up, and I haven't even camped in the van yet.)
I can't get hold of the guy who fitted it as he is on holiday.
I am a beginner when it comes to electrics so I'm hoping it's a simple fix.

All of a sudden, my leisure battery circuit has stopped working, and the panel is reading 2.4v. The 100a fuse under the bonnet is fine, as are the 2x 15a under the drivers seat
Help!

Here are photos of the kit I have...
Thanks in advance.
20210502_130103.jpg20210502_130028.jpg20210502_125841.jpg20210502_125837.jpg

20210502_125832.jpg

Do you have a multimeter you can measure the leisure battery voltage with ?
Also, can you hook the van up to the mains (as though you were on a campsite) and see what happens ?

Pete

Do you have a multimeter you can measure the leisure battery voltage with ?
Also, can you hook the van up to the mains (as though you were on a campsite) and see what happens ?

Pete
I guess I'll need to remove the front seat as the battery is under there and I'll acquire a meter.

I can't hook the van up as I only have the camping spec cable, not a domestic style.

Is that 2.4v not the leisure battery voltage?

Thanks

Last edited:
I guess I'll need to remove the front seat as the battery is under there and I'll acquire a meter.

I can't hook the van up as I only have the camping spec cable, not a domestic style.

Thanks
You can get a 3 pin adapter to allow the camping EHU cable to plug into a UK domestic socket.

Thanks

In theory, yes, but always best to measure the battery directly if you can, in case the device is faulty.

The other thing you can do is start your engine, and see what happens to the leisure battery voltage.

Pete

Do you have anything turned on in the van like a fridge etc, sounds like something has drained your leisure battery. When was it last charged by a decent drive or solar panel as you stated it hasn't been on 240v so possibly flat battery.

In theory, yes, but always best to measure the battery directly if you can, in case the device is faulty.

The other thing you can do is start your engine, and see what happens to the leisure battery voltage.

Pete
I don't really know how to use the display panel if I'm honest.

Press and hold button 1 shows 12.5 volts that jumps to 14 when I start the car. Is that the car or leisure battery hmmm

Do you have anything turned on in the van like a fridge etc, sounds like something has drained your leisure battery. When was it last charged by a decent drive or solar panel as you stated it hasn't been on 240v so possibly flat battery.
Nothing is plugged in the van. It's not a camper just a day van. We've not used the electrics, I just noticed the lights on the boot that run off the leisure battery, don't work.
We use the van most days and have been on a 30 mile journey each week...

What does the leisure battery run.?
Do you have a dashcam or anything connected to it.
With the display on the monitor when did you last notice 12.5v or so.
Something is drawing from the leisure battery it would seem.

I don't really know how to use the display panel if I'm honest.

Press and hold button 1 shows 12.5 volts that jumps to 14 when I start the car. Is that the car or leisure battery hmmm
You posted a picture of the Voltronic manual at the start of the thread, have a read and it should explain how to use the panel.

I have plugged it into the mains and everything is working OK so must be relating the leisure battery. I will get under the seats and check all the connections and take it from there I guess! Thanks for the help so far.

What does the leisure battery run.?
Do you have a dashcam or anything connected to it.
With the display on the monitor when did you last notice 12.5v or so.
Something is drawing from the leisure battery it would seem.

Nothing runs off the leisure battery day to day so a bit confused as to what's happened. Unless I left a light on that's connected to that circuit BUT then surely it should charge off the alternator when being driven?

Back