Wanted 10mm Hubcentric Alloy Wheel Spacers

Did you have any joy?

Can you even buy 10mm hub centric?
I've checked Tamar and Watfields Engineering along with the the usual suspects and I can't find them. I'm thinking that maybe the lip on the hub is greater than 10mm so you only need shim spacers but I'm wondering if the wheel will only just sit on the hub lip which doesn't sound ideal to me.

No I didn’t find any so I just put it to one side for the minute. I do have a extra set of 15mm spacers so could just get them turned down to 10mm.
Did you have any joy?

Can you even buy 10mm hub centric?
I've checked Tamar and Watfields Engineering along with the the usual suspects and I can't find them. I'm thinking that maybe the lip on the hub is greater than 10mm so you only need shim spacers but I'm wondering if the wheel will only just sit on the hub lip which doesn't sound ideal to me.

Cheers Dave.
I think I'll get some 10mm without the lip and pray that wheel will still sit on the hub.

OK, that's a fail then. The hub lip is about 12mm so using a 10mm spacer without a lip is a no go. A 5mm or less spacer may be OK.
My aftermarket wheels currently have the plastic spigot rings so I'll get a spacer that reduces the current wheels bore (72.6 to 65.1) and most of these do come with a lip.
Maybe it's because the hub lip is 12mm so the 10mm spacer is 2mm too thin to have a lip but when the spacer bore is larger you can machine the internal bore to go over the hub lip.

Last edited:
That’s disappointing.
im going to take my van and spacers into my friends garage and see if he can machine them down . Won’t cost anything so worth a try

I don't think it'll work but no harm in asking or trying to be sure. If he machines the back then the spacers lip will stop the spacer sitting flush with the hub for sure and if he machines the front then I think the spacers lip will fall off.
All this time I thought my YTS in mechanical engineering was waste of time 'cause I preferred coding BASIC on my Spectrum 48k then I come across this dilemma and it all comes flooding back. :laugh:

I don't think it'll work but no harm in asking or trying to be sure. If he machines the back then the spacers lip will stop the spacer sitting flush with the hub for sure and if he machines the front then I think the spacers lip will fall off.
All this time I thought my YTS in mechanical engineering was waste of time 'cause I preferred coding BASIC on my Spectrum 48k then I come across this dilemma and it all comes flooding back. :laugh:

Just buy the spacers with bolts then you know they're right.
The bolts above are for alloys (tapered) and the spacers for wheels with a VW size 65.1 hub. Some alloys are 72 hub so you would need to use spigot rings with those or get different spacers to suit.

Just seen these and remembered your post. Nothing to do with me.

IMG_5196.png

Back