£300 wishbone bushes ?

juste

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered before but I can’t find it in similar threads.

I've a 2016 California 150 Ocean with 18k on the clock. It’s just failed it’s mot because of the front wishbone brushes. The garage have bee told by the parts suppliers that the bushes cannot be bought separately and have to be bought with wishbone attached. Cost £250+vat each side.

Im not a mechanical person but a browse online would suggest you can fit the bushes seperately. Am I missing something here ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Meyle aftermarket wishbones are £90ish each and the bushes are a better design. VW bushes have voids in the rubber whereas the meyle HD ones have solid rubbers.

Meyle aftermarket wishbones are £90ish each and the bushes are a better design. VW bushes have voids in the rubber whereas the meyle HD ones have solid rubbers.
That’s great thanks I will look into it. Out of curiosity do the bushes come with the wishbone attached on all models ?

I changed mine and the meyle wishbones were assembled with the bushes.

I used murrays_direct on ebay and would happily use them again. They sell a bush kit for two wishbones for £35

Back