What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Death by wiring! Oh, maybe not the best turn of phrase... :rofl:

Lots of wiring!
View attachment 239761
The awning is seeing more use than it's ever had!
View attachment 239762
View attachment 239763
Tidy.
View attachment 239764
First of the 2 LED lights strips installed.
View attachment 239765
What's that dimmer switch hanging from where the grab handle used to be? I hear you ask. Well, a week ago I was sat in the van trying to figure out where to put the dimmer switch for these lights, without altering the interior too much. C pillar was an option but it's too far from the door, and there's no enough room behind it, so I'd need to mount a panel.

Then, it grabbed me. Or rather, I grabbed it...

The grab handles above the doors have nice solid mounts into the chassis, and would mean zero modifications to the van. So... :D

View attachment 239767

It needs finishing off, but this isn't the only one I'm going to make. ;)

I need to mount a Renogy One Core somewhere, and I've got an idea for the drivers side grab handles above the kitchen and window bags. Watch this space. :cool:
Other side light in now too. I need to remove the passenger seat to route the wiring into the seat base, that's a job for tomorrow.

1000007623.jpg

Made the 450mile round trip to Carmarthen to visit Wayne at Uberwagon to have a Multiflex Pod fitted.
I've got the say the quality is exceptional. If you're looking for a setup with true versatility, this is it.
I got the basic version, but he makes kitchens, bike mounts, versions with water and gas and loads more.
All of the central boards and drawer come out to leave the middle clear, and can be configured in various ways, draw in / out, on top or bottom, or 2 drawers if you wanted.
1000026920.jpg
1000026899.jpg1000026911.jpg1000026902.jpg

Washed it and started to repack it ready for our road trip through Wales. We've got rid of a load of stuff that we have just accumulated in the van to make room for the stuff we really need, plus we've got our new folding bikes that are coming with us inside the van. I don't suppose the van, or the bikes will be this shiny by the time we get to the Bala forum weekend

IMG_3838.jpeg

More wiring.

Passenger seat, seat base and battery out today to route the wiring into the seat base, all done now. Added a 12v fuse box for the interior LED strips, rear floodlight, power feed to a Renogy One Core (future purchase) and the USB/12v in the seat back board.

Oh and the PV cables routed in and tucked away for another future purchase.

It does mean I've now added more wiring under the passenger seat, where I'm trying to tidy it up!!

Tbh the worst bit is the factory wiring, it's just bunged in there without much thought. Until I get a new DC-DC to replace the split charge relay and the associated extras I can't really tidy it up as I don't know where it all needs to go. So I've left the wiring I've added longer than it needs to be.

I should probably just say "**** it" and order £1200's worth of LiFePO4 battery and DC-DC charger and be done with it :rofl:

Anyway, here's the rats nest under my passenger seat base at the moment!

1000007629.jpg

The switch in the top left is for the Renogy shunt, I've had to reboot it a couple of times by removing power and that's much easier to do with a switch.

All working as it should be.
1000007630.jpg

Busy day putting my van back together after the MOT and Major service on Friday.

Passed with no advisories, all done under the All-in plan.

Van is 5 years old in a couple of weeks so gave it a pre-birthday wash and polish as the sun went in this afternoon.

Still pondering new wheels :whistle:

FullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

Back