LED main beam - dim line

Skipperjonce

VIP Member
Hi, when on main my factory led headlights seem to have a dim line roughly on the horizon.

They are plenty bright enough but it just bugs me slightly.

Anybody else with the same lights notice the same, or are mine weird?

I think @Dav-Tec means that the low-beam alignment may be out, regardless of the fact they’ll calibrate on key-on.

There’s a few threads on this already, with details on how to align. I retrofitted LEDs and had to align mine.

One particular thread mentions the line where main and dipped beam meet.

Try adjusting the outermost screw (from the top will do it) to see if this diminishes the merge:

I think @Dav-Tec means that the low-beam alignment may be out, regardless of the fact they’ll calibrate on key-on.

There’s a few threads on this already, with details on how to align. I retrofitted LEDs and had to align mine.

Try adjusting the outermost screw (from the top will do it) to see if this diminishes the merge:
Thanks for the link! I'll check that out.

I had the same faint line and drove me crazy, had to explain to dealer 3 times before it got sorted - fingers crossed those screws do it for you!

Exactly mate. I had to do @Texxaco lights a few weeks back after they had been out whilst he had his bumper work done and whilst Alan did a spot on job the lights never go back exactly how they came out. His self leveling worked but it was out of spec 30 mins later all sorted!

Hi, when on main my factory led headlights seem to have a dim line roughly on the horizon.

They are plenty bright enough but it just bugs me slightly.

Anybody else with the same lights notice the same, or are mine weird?
Mine were exactly as you mentioned, in main beam they were more or less lighting up the stars rather than the road.

I have the OEM LED’s which I always thought self regulated when starting the van.

@Dav-Tec fixed them using the headlight machine which showed it was way out. This was also post having them supposedly setup by one of the high street garage companies.

Back