Hi @Dellmassive, are you fitting mains charger to charge the leisure battery when on EHU? and if so are you putting it under the drivers or passenger seat?
yes,

looking back to the original sketch here : Dellmassive`s Camper Van Adventure

1716982106125.png

ill have a quick disconnect on the starter battery , and the leisure battery.

so ill be able to connect to either just by plugging it in.

i have a few Victron IP22 & IP65 chargers that i can use,

but seeing as i dont normally use EHU there is no point perminantly fitting it,

so ill have it as a temp mobile option to just plug and pluy.

however - if i was to hard wire it and perm fit it. . .

i would mount the charger under the passenger seat hard wired into the CU,

then run the 12v feed under the carpet to the drivers side and connect into the 12v fusebox.. . . either on the starter side ot the leisure side of the DC-DC charger.

another option is to fit twin chargers,

a 5A for the starter and 15A for the leisure, - again both under the passenger seat.

1716982421230.png

++++

personally ill be using a AMT12-2 b-b trickle charger to keep the starter topped up, from the 230ah lithium under the seat. ( charged via 50A victron dc-dc or mobile solar )

so i wont need a separate starter battery EHU charger,

1716982556554.png

you can also setup a mobile plug and play EHU charger via the 12v sockets (upto 8A) - [Guide] Battery Maintainer (for Starter battery) -- How I Done It --

1716982630189.png

you can also connect one EHU charger up to the starter battery - provided you have a DC-DC charger,

then use that to charge both batteries. . . victron chargers are best for this as you can tweek the charge profile to stop the DC-DC from cycling. - [Guide] DC-DC Charger (for leisure battery) -- How I Done It --

1716982778129.png1716982792144.png

Last edited:
Back