Xtrons unit, are they worth it?

mobiledan

First time poster, background is I’m an American living in South Wales UK, been a while since I installed units. I’ve got a 2012 Caravelle with the RCD310, no steering wheel controls, but backup parking audio alerts front and rear.

Looking at this unit IE92MTVL for £220 on their site, VW/Skoda/Seat | Android / iPhone | Octa Core | 2GB DDR4 RAM & 32GB ROM | Automotive-grade Hardware | IE92MTVL

Which is also £190 on Amazon, https://amzn.eu/d/8lh0S7R

I’m just looking to get Dab+, CarPlay, wireless is nicer, and not lose the functionality of the parking sensors. No information available on this anywhere…

I have the 40 pin quad lock, which looks like I don’t need to buy the adapter… need to get their Dab kit and double fakra…

Has anyone got this to work?

Should I steer clear?

Cheap Chinese garbage, we steer clear of these units

Not very impressed with the one I have (looks very similar to the one you are looking at).
It's slow, apps crash frequently, and the display plays up quite often.

Not very impressed with the one I have (looks very similar to the one you are looking at).
It's slow, apps crash frequently, and the display plays up quite often.
Thanks. I’m sorry. They seem to scrub any negative reviews. There’s a saying that there’s a difference between made in china, and made for china… their goods for export seem cheap and dodgy…

I found a deal on a dmx8020dabs, used, waiting on in car tec to reply which canbus kit I need to keep climate display on my 310 and the beeping and display of parking sensors.

Thanks. I’m sorry. They seem to scrub any negative reviews. There’s a saying that there’s a difference between made in china, and made for china… their goods for export seem cheap and dodgy…

I found a deal on a dmx8020dabs, used, waiting on in car tec to reply which canbus kit I need to keep climate display on my 310 and the beeping and display of parking sensors.
We have a used 8020 with all the bits to fit a t6

Also has the official t6 harness to display the parking sensors and climate (if climate is digital) the interface is also a lot easier to install than the incartec one

We have a used 8020 with all the bits to fit a t6

Also has the official t6 harness to display the parking sensors and climate (if climate is digital) the interface is also a lot easier to install than the incartec one
I thought you were with inCartech! can you please provide the link for whatever options I need, it is absolutely confusing. Just trying to find out what I need to make this work.

I thought you were with inCartech! can you please provide the link for whatever options I need, it is absolutely confusing. Just trying to find out what I need to make this work.
We use a lot of incartec products, but do not use their interface for parking sensor display, we use genuine Kenwood supplied ones which plugs directly into the radio and quadlock, where the incartec uses the Kenwood 8020 loom as well, so making the install neater and easier

Drop us a call and il explain, it’s not that confusing .

I put an Xtrons in my old van. It was great when it worked, but had a habit of crashing.

I put a modern unit in my old (2012) SantaFe, and went for a Sony. The Sony doesn’t crash, so happy with that.

I had an early version in my 2011 Shuttle. It was a great piece of kit for the price and never had any issues with it. When we got the wifes 2009 Velle I had the double square DIN added and again not had any issues albeit it is hardly in use.

Back