Winter wheels

Kunie

Hi, new to the forum. I'm thinking of putting some winter wheels on my 2018 T6 California beach for a trip to the Alps. My current wheels are 235x55x17 cascavel, it might be a stupid question but can I straight swap the wheels for 205x65x16C (coming off a transporter). TIA

Welcome!
If the 16" wheels are genuine transporter wheel then the wheel should be a straight swap and the bolts will also be the same subject to two conditions:

1. they wont fit if you have 'big brakes' i.e the larger brakes with 340mm front disk size fitted to (most) T32 models, I know yours is a Cali Beach but you need to check as i'm not 100% sure. Maybe post a pic and other might be able to advise? The other way to tell is that a 340mm bigger brakes will be very snug under your current 17" wheel and will fill the space behind.
  2. Check the load rating of the new tyres and the 16" wheels against the load rating required for your van. There is a weight plate under the bonnet located near the driver side front wing/ panel air box. You need to take the largest axle weight and divide by two to find the minimum load rating for your van. Tyres and wheels need to then be more than this. Most tyre load ratings are given as numbers such as 103, 107 etc which correspond to an axle weight a quick google should tell you which is which.
sorry that's not a definitive yes/no answer but hopefully it helps you work out if they will be right for your van.

I have a set of 17” GP steels with winter tyres still available 235/55 minervas. Check out the for sale section…

I have a set of 17” GP steels with winter tyres still available 235/55 minervas. Check out the for sale section

Thanks David, I've just measured my discs roughly and they're 300mm in diameter so in essence the 16" wheels should fit, and I'll check out the load rating. Paynewright thanks for the heads up but I'm after a higher spec tyre which I may end up just putting on my current wheels.:)

Back