Wing Mirrors Have Stopped Folding In When Locking.

T6traveller

T6 Pro
Hi all,

When I hold the lock button the wing mirrors used to fold in, for some reason it's stopped working. Any ideas??

Jamie.

Check your one shot windows are still working, if batt has been disconnected then power windows need resetting and mirrors wont fold until you do

If it needs resetting take windows all the way down and hold button down for a few secs then all the way up and hold the switch up for a few extra secs

Check your one shot windows are still working, if batt has been disconnected then power windows need resetting and mirrors wont fold until you do

If it needs resetting take windows all the way down and hold button down for a few secs then all the way up and hold the switch up for a few extra secs

@Pauly thank you so much!!! That work a treat. I've been having a few issues with the drivers side window after having some wind defectors fitted. It must have interupted the programming or something.

Thank you so much for your help. Now I just need to fix my webasto heater!

Jamie.

It usually happens if you’ve disconnected the battery.

Certainly not done that. It was really pi55ing me off. Stupid I know. This forum is awesome though.

J.

Had same problem very randomly started today
Tried this reset but not happening, and I’ve not had the battery out at any time

Strange as was able to open close windows and fold unfold mirrors until this morning

Drivers side not passenger
When it is down I need to click it up twice before it moves

Try resetting the comfort closing setting on the windows. Lower window to bottom press and hold the button down for a few seconds. Raise the window to the very top, lift and hold the rocker switch for a few seconds.
Do this for both windows.
See if it solves the problem.

Is the automatic folding standard for factory fitted electric mirrors? Mine have never folded after locking, tried the above and it doesn't seem to work, am I missing something? (Whats comfort closing btw?! and where does the adjuster dial sit for this to work?)

Is the automatic folding standard for factory fitted electric mirrors? Mine have never folded after locking, tried the above and it doesn't seem to work, am I missing something? (Whats comfort closing btw?! and where does the adjuster dial sit for this to work?)

How old is the van? Try holding the lock button for 2 or 3 seconds and they should then fold if a 2018 model.

Just had to do this as my battery ran flat, must have left something on in the van. Thanks for the info guys!

I’ve got a 2017 T6 and the windows won’t fold in even when I push them by hand. I’ve tried the windows reset but doesn’t help. I have to use the key (don’t have the icon on the door panel to turn them in) but maybe my van doesn’t have this feature? Thanks

I’ve got a 2017 T6 and the windows won’t fold in even when I push them by hand. I’ve tried the windows reset but doesn’t help. I have to use the key (don’t have the icon on the door panel to turn them in) but maybe my van doesn’t have this feature? Thanks
If you don’t have this on your mirror switch, then you don’t have power folding mirrors

D808EE23-F382-4A79-8582-0C88C88AC122.jpeg

Just to add to this thread that I managed to disable comfort closing today after trying to open a frozen shut window on my T6.1.

Used the above button hold tactic and all working/folding again.

Hi Andy
Did you get your windows and mirrors to work? Mine have started doing the same?
Yes I did

here are the instructions, took me 2 attempts but sorted

Pull the window button up for at least 1 second.
let go and pull again for at least 1 second and one touch should be restored.

let me know how you do

I would also like to add that this is indeed the correct diagnosis and solution to this problem, and add that I knocked mine out by winding the window down with a sun shade still suckered on it which jammed a little. It seems the one touch windows and comfort folding mirrors can be knocked out by power failure or a window safety stopping/getting jammed.

Back