wing mirror cooling leak

tjr

i appear to have a leak in the cooling system for my wing mirrors ,after any sort of rain (frequent )or washing (more frequent ) if i fold the mirrors up ,buckets of water come out ,do i need to keep topping the system up ? is there a separate filler for this somewhere ? ,cant be good !

Are you sure its not just trapped water in the wing mirror cover? Sometimes after heavy rain when I fold my mirror up water pours out (have I mistaken your sarcastic post as a serious question???)

I do wonder if this will be an issue long term , electric mirrors etc

My passenger mirror heating no longer works, I hadnt even considered it might be due to this but now im wondering. The mirror still moves with the joystick though for position its just the heater thats gubbed

Hi all, washed my van again today and thought once finished I'd see if any water came out of the mirrors on closing. Was shocked to see quite a lot of water flowing from them both when they were raised !!! Must be a common issue.

It was the same on the previous T5, wash the van, then when you fold the mirrors up, water comes out.

I fold mine down before I wash it, as I seem to get hardly any in there then. There's nothing more annoying than getting all nice clean and dry, then drive up the road and get water marks all down the side.

My passenger mirror heating no longer works, I hadnt even considered it might be due to this but now im wondering. The mirror still moves with the joystick though for position its just the heater thats gubbed
Hi, had same problem with drivers mirror heating, got my son who is a VW tech to look at it, it's one of the wire connections snapped, they are really thin, he thinks he can get it replaced under warranty if not it would be a simple solder job to repair.

Hi, had same problem with drivers mirror heating, got my son who is a VW tech to look at it, it's one of the wire connections snapped, they are really thin, he thinks he can get it replaced under warranty if not it would be a simple solder job to repair.
Thanks for the info. Ill have a look behind the glass

Back