Windscreen Replacement ?

@T6 Dave's Dad good point, think I'm starting to get over it now though. Remember as a kid a brick flying off a skip lorry and hitting the passenger side of the windscreen, luckily it bounced off missing the bodywork but scared the sh*t out of my mum.

No dent, just chipped paint which I can sort myself. Never had a brand new vehicle before, I have been dreading something like this since it arrived in May, tis my pride and joy.

Followed a T6 into Tesco tonight whilst driving the missus Mini, just like most of us he headed to far end of the car park, away from the door bashers.
A recent survey showed that T6 owners get through twice as much shoe leather compared to the national average....

@Chriswhit if you can see no sign of impact damage it could be a stress fracture caused by incorrect fitment. Check to see if the repair was warranted and get the company to check it out ASAP.:mad:
I had a look the other day and noticed a very small chip , the cracks no grown any bigger so I'll leave it for the time being .

Thanks for that @Walski put my mind at rest. Booked in for Tuesday, £75 excess. Hope they don't wreck anything in the process.

Seen a lot of bad reviews on the web, used them before and they were sound.

You should be able to get them to fit a VW screen not just what they want to fit .
If you Have accident damage always make sure they fit genuine parts and are VW approved I made this mistake and after my rear sensor feel off it then had to go to VW dealer. I was lucky and the insurance company have agreed to pay for it all.

Thanks for that @Walski put my mind at rest. Booked in for Tuesday, £75 excess. Hope they don't wreck anything in the process.

Seen a lot of bad reviews on the web, used them before and they were sound.

When they came to fit mine I made them a cup of tea and had a good long chat about how much of a total pita I was when it came to anything to do with my van and that everything had to be spot on. It helped the van was sparkly clean.... I think if they know your gonna be on it then they are too.

Guys, I have a T6 with heated windscreen. Do you know if its still the case that no aftermarket ones are available. Last time I had to fight real hard for an oem one but then read that is the only option anyway so it was wasted breath.

Cheers
Paul

Guys, I have a T6 with heated windscreen. Do you know if its still the case that no aftermarket ones are available. Last time I had to fight real hard for an oem one but then read that is the only option anyway so it was wasted breath.

Cheers
Paul
Thats correct!
I've just had autowindscreens come and fit a replacement screen and after a lengthy argument with their customer services and the original fitter they had appointed, who were both adamant and said that the only screen they had on computer was a half tinted with a radio aerial. It ended up with the inconvenience of them reorganising another fitter and them ordering a new screen direct from VW with the rain sensor/heated matrix etc required for my highline.
We got there in the end, and the fitter did a nice professional job.

Has anyone had a heated screen fitted lately?

Mine is smashed after a huge stone hit it right in my drivers view. This was booked in with Autoglass over 3 weeks ago, to be fitted this morning, but I've just had a call from them saying they cannot get hold of heated screens for a T6, something to do with VW not releasing them. I'm just waiting for a call back from my dealers after they look into this.
I cannot be the only T6 that's broken a screen and now sat here after taking a day off to have it fitted as per my booking.
On that subject, Autoglass was next to no help with what to do next. I was just told they'd call me if they become available, and if that wasn't good enough, to call their customer service. A little lacking in any kind of service imo, but seems to be the way things are nowadays.

Has anyone had a heated screen fitted lately?

Mine is smashed after a huge stone hit it right in my drivers view. This was booked in with Autoglass over 3 weeks ago, to be fitted this morning, but I've just had a call from them saying they cannot get hold of heated screens for a T6, something to do with VW not releasing them. I'm just waiting for a call back from my dealers after they look into this.
I cannot be the only T6 that's broken a screen and now sat here after taking a day off to have it fitted as per my booking.
On that subject, Autoglass was next to no help with what to do next. I was just told they'd call me if they become available, and if that wasn't good enough, to call their customer service. A little lacking in any kind of service imo, but seems to be the way things are nowadays.
Mine is due to be replaced on Tuesday by Auto Windscreens, they confirmed a heated screen is ordered, will see what happens...

Mine is due to be replaced on Tuesday by Auto Windscreens, they confirmed a heated screen is ordered, will see what happens...

The problem from my understanding is the mobile fitters don't know until the day they are fitting, if the screen is even available or not, which is daft. They seem to order and deliver to the various fitters locations the day before.

My argument was they should of known before the actual fitting day that the screens weren't actually available, and let me know in advance so at least I didn't need to take a day off work.

Breakdown in communication drives me mad and it's unnecessary with a little better organisation. Hopefully yours will be more straight forward.

Fed up with doing the gangster lean to actually see around this...

1527857038563442561765879652649.jpg

Autoglass are fecking useless, took three attempts to get mine sorted, annoying trying to manage time off to suit them.

Will see what happens, luckily i can work from home so no disruption for me, feel for you self employed guys who need the van to earn money.

Just had a call to say no screens available for tomorrow because they have modified the screens and had to postpone until Thursday (better than expected).

I joined the club Saturday driving at 4omph behind some kind person in a land rover with stone filled tyres.

Within a space of 2 minutes I had 2 separate cracks:mad:

Back