Wheels stuck on hub.

Keeff

T6 Guru
I took my rear wheels off for the first time to day . The van is only six months old and the center had corroded to the hub so took some getting off. The water can get into the center behind the black center cap on the Devon ports and corrodes the wheel to the hub. I have had this before on new cars but not as bad as this. I cleaned them and put some grease on them so I hope that helps in the future .
I am going to do the same on the front because I would never of got them off if I had a puncture and was parked at the side of the road.

Mine were the same, a real pig to get off. I added some grease too and will try and get them off again in springtime to see if it made any difference.

Unfortunately, a common problem with a lack of thought from factory and dealer at PDI, as alloy and steel corrodes, and with the tight tolerance for the hub alignment to wheel flange, so that they don't go on wrong and produce wobble (cheap aftermarket ones have plastic inserts for alignment), this is inevitable. Solution is a smidge of copper slip round hub centre.;):thumbsup::whistle::whistle::sleep::sleep::sleep:

did mine with copper grease as soon as i got it home with 70 miles on the speedo ;)
its called preventative maintenance
:eek: izit

Back