Wheels / Speedo / GPS Speed Question

Does anyone know if there is a VCDS ‘index’ anywhere listing people who do such things? That way I could look for someone in my area preferably who comes recommended.

275/35 is the VW 20” tyre size for T28/30 vans.
Thanks.
By that do you mean that is what VW fit to 20” wheels at the factory and if so are you saying that by having those fitted to my 20” wheels that this will correct the 4-5% under reporting and this make the speedo and odometer correctly tie in with GPS?
I’m trying to understand my options without it being too painful.
VCDS is going to be cheaper I guess but means I’d need it correcting if the wheels or tyres ever changed and there’s always a risk to this change and from what I’ve read it can be quite hit and miss. It’s not simply a matter of changing this parameter to this setting and away you go.
Swapping everything is very expensive but gives best results for comfort and speedo.
Swapping just the tyres is about half the cost of the above, does not require VCDS and although ride my be compromised a bit over the 40s (will it actually?) it’s to me the easiest and ‘safest’ most pain free option.
Views?

Last edited:
Third option is VCDS which I have no idea of costs or where in my area (Gloucestershire) I could go to get it done and how effective that will be.
@Loz is around sharpness/berkeley area and quite helpful with these kinds of things

Thanks.
By that do you mean that is what VW fit to 20” wheels at the factory and if so are you saying that by having those fitted to my 20” wheels that this will correct the 4-5% under reporting and this make the speedo and odometer correctly tie in with GPS?
I’m trying to understand my options without it being too painful.
It’s the VW size for the 20” accessory wheels. Only available for T28/30 vans due to load ratings.

It’s the correct diameter.

I have a feeling VCDS may be a one way change, ie you can’t go back down

More info here

It’s the VW size for the 20” accessory wheels. Only available for T28/30 vans due to load ratings.

It’s the correct diameter.

I have a feeling VCDS may be a one way change, ie you can’t go back down

More info here
Thanks.
I have a T6 where the change is reversible. The T6.1 isn’t.

Back