Wheel off set

Dj22y

VIP Member
Hello,

I am just looking at some 19 inch banded steels that are 5 x 122 with a et28 offset.

Obviously I'd need some adaptors to make them fit my 2016 T6.

The adaptors are 20mm would these wheels still fit or would they stick out a lot?

Thanks

Just crunching the numbers, I think that'll be a stretch. Here's a pic of my profile with18x8.5j with ET45. Pretty close to flush with the upper arch. If your wheels are also 8.5j wide then you'll be sticking out another 37mm (17mm extra offset + 20mm spacer).

20200423_111626.jpg

Having looked at the standard t6 steelies it says the offset is 51mm

These are 9j wheels, so my calculations are at 48 offset?

Hello,

I am just looking at some 19 inch banded steels that are 5 x 122 with a et28 offset.

Obviously I'd need some adaptors to make them fit my 2016 T6.

The adaptors are 20mm would these wheels still fit or would they stick out a lot?

Thanks
It doesn’t add up for me. I run 9” wide 38mm offset on the front and they are pretty much flush with the arch.

With those adapters fitted you’ll be running an effective offset of only 8mm! They’re going to stick out a long way. You’ll be 30mm further out than mine!

Yip, so 9j wide, relative to the picture I posted above, the wheels will stick out around 43mm more. I'm fairly sure you'll be running outside the arches.

So the banded steels are a 5 x 112 R19 et28 space saver.

I need to convert the wheel bolt size to a 5 x 120.

So what are my options if I wanted to fit them?

Thanks all

So they were original space savers with an et28? What dimensions are they since banding?

In case you don't really understand, the et/offset is the dimension from the center line of the wheel to the hub mounting face. The smaller the number, the further it sticks out. If you have changed the width of the wheels, the chances are that the offset will have changed too.

So as @ChrisR says, with 20mm adaptors/spacers, they will stick out 30mm further than his... which are pretty much flush.

The long and short of it is, without arch mods or extensions, they won't fit.

Ok thanks for the advice. I was under the impression adding 20mm adaptors would make it a 48 offset. The amarok 18inch steelies are 45 off set? I was thinking that's only 3mm difference?.

Ok thanks for the advice. I was under the impression adding 20mm adaptors would make it a 48 offset. The amarok 18inch steelies are 45 off set? I was thinking that's only 3mm difference?.
Adapters reduce the offset, they don’t increase it. 20mm adapters will give you an effective 8mm offset.

Right....get you now. Either re drilled hubs or re drill the wheels then.

Thanks
If you really want these wheels then yes, look into those options, I don’t have any experience of either, but someone on here might be able to offer some advice.

It might be worth starting another thread specifically about re-drilling hubs or wheels if there’s nothing in the search results.

Or sell them to someone with a T4 and buy some 5x120s that fit.

Back