What's First?

Cavvy

Hi all
Recently purchased a T6 Kombi and looking to add some bits and bobs to make it family friendly and a bit of a home away from home without going over the top. Can anyone recommend the first thing to do? Leisure battery? Rock n roll bed? Cheers

Andy

Again.
I would sit down and write a list.. work out what the van is intended to be used for.. then..a list of things you want to achieve in the van.. be it a work van.. carry passengers, pick up the kids.. have a family day out..weekend.. holidays

Then from this list work out the essential kit to achieve the usage goals...
Don't just plonk a battery under the seat if there might be something else that could go there which would be more suitable..

Work out if you need gas? If so the would a bottle be sufficent or do you need to look into propex type style.

Alot of ppl think they need 'full' kitchens.. but really could have saved alot of time n money with just a pod..

Do you need a fiamma or with a rail-sail surfice(sp)..

There are 100's of questions and options for each question.. the best answer is reSEARCH and knowledge for what YOU want and how YOU want your van.. don't follow trends unless you want to of course.

Again.
I would sit down and write a list.. work out what the van is intended to be used for.. then..a list of things you want to achieve in the van.. be it a work van.. carry passengers, pick up the kids.. have a family day out..weekend.. holidays

Then from this list work out the essential kit to achieve the usage goals...
Don't just plonk a battery under the seat if there might be something else that could go there which would be more suitable..

Work out if you need gas? If so the would a bottle be sufficent or do you need to look into propex type style.

Alot of ppl think they need 'full' kitchens.. but really could have saved alot of time n money with just a pod..

Do you need a fiamma or with a rail-sail surfice(sp)..

There are 100's of questions and options for each question.. the best answer is reSEARCH and knowledge for what YOU want and how YOU want your van.. don't follow trends unless you want to of course.
Thanks Fish. I've posted the same question in a few places on this forum as I'm getting used to navigating it. Thanks for getting back to me, making a list of what I want out of my T6 makes sense and then take it from there, thanks again

Like you, i have just recently acquired a T6 Combi. The first things i have done is sound deadening, thermal insulation. It does make a difference, especially if you plan to stay in it. For now, I'm going to leave the back seats in. So I'm going to fit either a Kombi bed or VANking bed system. After that, I'm just going to get out there and then decide what i need on my Camping trips. And write it down. As Fish mentioned above, why spend £1000s on a full conversion if you don't need it. I'm starting with the basics, will then add what i need as i go on.

Like you, i have just recently acquired a T6 Combi. The first things i have done is sound deadening, thermal insulation. It does make a difference, especially if you plan to stay in it. For now, I'm going to leave the back seats in. So I'm going to fit either a Kombi bed or VANking bed system. After that, I'm just going to get out there and then decide what i need on my Camping trips. And write it down. As Fish mentioned above, why spend £1000s on a full conversion if you don't need it. I'm starting with the basics, will then add what i need as i go on.
Thanks Hoggle, that sounds like the way to go. I'll look into the bed systems you've mentioned. Cheers

All sound advice above, I would always say take your time, visit shows, look at others vans to give you ideas of what is possible and what will satisfy your needs. We spent a year doing this to get plan exactly what we needed. It is also easy to put something in then realise it's now in the way of something else you want to do. Good luck

All sound advice above, I would always say take your time, visit shows, look at others vans to give you ideas of what is possible and what will satisfy your needs. We spent a year doing this to get plan exactly what we needed. It is also easy to put something in then realise it's now in the way of something else you want to do. Good luck
Thanks for the advice. I think the general consensus is don't rush and take time. A friend of mine didn't do that and he's now stripping out, bringing back to a more basic look with just the essentials, thanks again

I would highly recommend hiring a converted van (if you haven't used a campervan before). We have a Mazda Bongo which has helped us to decide what we use, what we don't use, what works for us and what doesn't.
Sometimes, it is something that you would have thought was essential that you never actually use, and vice versa.
:)

Yes if you go to the thread and click on watch thread you’ll get notifications whenever there’s a new message added :thumbsup:

Back