What side of the carpet do you glue?

Davidh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
This is probably so obvious no one has asked it but I've just received my carpet and noticed there is a fluffier side and a less fluffy side (best description I could think of) What side do you apply the glue to?

got a pic?

what type of carpet did you get?

nice video from Combe valley campers

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

This is probably so obvious no one has asked it but I've just received my carpet and noticed there is a fluffier side and a less fluffy side (best description I could think of) What side do you apply the glue to?
As a rule of thumb carpets are rolled face up ( good side) but if cut it’s harder to see....the backing may have a clear latex coating and would feel as you say less fluffier;)....so fluffy side up

got a pic?

what type of carpet did you get?

nice video from Combe valley campers

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread
Got my carpet from as:trim. Was going to go with trunkliner which I found on the slidepods how to line your van thread but it only comes in limited colours so went with their vanliner. On inspection it seems identical to mvm as I got samples from them too. I'll try and get a picture but not sure how well it will show up. Thanks, I have had the coombe valley campers video playing on loop haha

20200512_104347.jpg

20200512_104410.jpg

As a rule of thumb carpets are rolled face up ( good side) but if cut it’s harder to see....the backing may have a clear latex coating and would feel as you say less fluffier;)....so fluffy side up
Thanks! The fluffy side is on the outside so I'm guessing that is the face side.

yeh, as above.

glue on the flatter side. . . . fluffy side out wards

more stuff for you to see over here >

yeh, as above.

glue on the flatter side. . . . fluffy side out wards

more stuff for you to see over here >

Thanks! That's helpful, plan is to tackle it at the end of the week. Your 'how I done it' threads are super helpful to me with me being a novice. Always make for good reading, so glad you spent the time making them.

Back