What is a Kombi?

Chrispyduck

I am actively looking for a van for conversion and have come across the Kombi...............they do seem more expensive compared to the standard Transporter. Is there an advantage given these vans tend to have windows?

Also any advantage of the T30 rather than the T28 for the camper conversion ?

A Kombi will have a second row of seats, the windows as you have mentioned amongst some other bits.

I bought a Kombi to convert but in hindsight the re sale value of the seats and floor didn’t really make it worth it. If I did another I’d buy a panel van.

t30 would be the preferred van over a t28 as it will effectively be able to carry more weight.

What @Chris Joyce said and it might sometimes be easier to find the right specification in a secondhand Kombi. Things like single Captains seats, high end media unit, heated seats or what have you. often Kombi’s may also have had an easier life than a trades panel van. There is also the T32, more payload, bigger brakes etc. The specification can have a big effect on price.

What’s a kombi.....for me its a half way house as a day van without going to full conversion...so I can sleep in it and still attach the awning or sun canopy and every thing i need packs away in stacking boxes ..hence the van is multi purpose..
Sunroof..electric doors and tailgate. 600w sound system swivel captain seats big brakes ( but no go faster stripes or furry dice) just a dream to drive:)

Back