What are the VW sales people doing now?

Georgeo

VIP Member
T6 Pro
If there are no Transporters being built. Are the sales people all trying to sell the ID Buzz?

I imagine they are all doing the same thing they have always done
ID Buzz
Multivan
Crafter
Amarok

Im sure they are not all on a jolly until the new transporter gets released

Customer Service refresher courses?
Lookers at Guildford strongly need this. They basically lost out on a new Caddy order. They were ok when I ordered my Black Edition but never got round to offering a price for my old van. Sold it to another VW dealer via Auto Trader in the end. Went to Martins in Basingstoke helpful sales staff but offered absolutely no discount. Went through Autoebid in the end and ordered through JCB Ashford which obviously want to make sales. But it’s going to still be along wait before it arrives. Seems strange that JCB can knock off £4K where Martins couldn’t offer anything but that’s VW for you.

Lookers at Guildford strongly need this. They basically lost out on a new Caddy order. They were ok when I ordered my Black Edition but never got round to offering a price for my old van. Sold it to another VW dealer via Auto Trader in the end. Went to Martins in Basingstoke helpful sales staff but offered absolutely no discount. Went through Autoebid in the end and ordered through JCB Ashford which obviously want to make sales. But it’s going to still be along wait before it arrives. Seems strange that JCB can knock off £4K where Martins couldn’t offer anything but that’s VW for you.
There are probably reasons at a Franchise level - sometimes near month end a couple of extra sales mean the dealership meets target (and bonus) so they can afford to lose a bit of margin on a few sales.

Customer Service refresher courses?
They definitely need this. I booked a test drive of a Multivan with Alan Day in Southgate. When I turned up, they said they were terribly sorry but the van had been taken by another dealer so that someone else could test drive it. They didn't bother to contact me to tell me this, so a wasted journey and a lost customer.

JCB Ashford definitely employ a "high volume, low margin" sales strategy, hence the discounts (and the inordinate wait!).

JCB Ashford definitely employ a "high volume, low margin" sales strategy, hence the discounts (and the inordinate wait!).

Luckily am in no rush, my present van is only just a year old but with long wait times you have to forward plan. He did quote around Christmas time but without even a provisional build date and fully loaded I doubt it will be built until at least a years time.

Reactions: Bav
Back