Weird hiccup earlier...

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
A slightly odd two days for our van - a slow puncture yesterday (the TPMS worked a treat) than an odd one today - started the van, the coil light flicked for ages and it wouldn't quite fire.
It eventually did but the coil light stayed on and it said "Stop/Start error." Restarted it again, it fired up fine but still showed the error. Drove it down the road and back; no issues at all.
Some slightly weird error there...

Strange one that as it is the indicator lamp for the glow plugs so it may be a fault with those. However, it is also a warning of an electronics or electrical issue and as you had the "Stop/Start Error" message is that system working OK? I would advise calling VW Assistance to check it out just in case it may be a serious issue if you continue to drive any distance. Good luck in getting it sorted and update us all on the problem please

I had this error yesterday! with same outcome -disappeared after switching off /on the engine. i have been unable to replicate the error to take photos. I need to visit VW just in case...bumer!

Im some older VAG, flashing coil light is a sign of boost issues. Might be worth getting it checked.

@mhill our Velle is couple of month old! it was flashing coil light + START STOP ERROR.- OMG it is not happening!!!

Well......depends what you mean by "issue"? Some minor stuff.......regenning excessively........apart from that, nothing of note. Beginning to think it's only a matter of time though.

I reckon mine might have been battery related. It does sit around doing nowt for weeks on end. Over a year old, 5500 miles covered...

Last edited:
Back