Wanted a T6 Eu6 Kombi

James Miles

Hi,

I'm after my first transporter a T6 as a family run around since a scirocco isn't practical anymore.

I'm after i think the 150 bhp manual as it's cheaper on tax with potentially a pendle remap. Leather heated captain seats, standard kombi rear seats with the kids (more isofix the better). I want the LED all singing all dancing headlights.

I'm after the blackberry or the blue metalic paint as well . I know i don't ask for much do I !
Am i dreaming that i might be able to afford this for 25-30,000 ?

Can anyone recommend any other convertor companies other than exploria, leighton cars.

Anyone tell me there MPG if you have the 150bmt and if you have / haven't remap it would be really helpful.

I drive 38miles to work and hardly crawling much except for in the winter so am i also dreaming that i might get 50mpg with it remaped and running premium fuel ? My current Scirocco 2.0 tsi does 37mpg easily on premium when on paper it states 35mpg. I keep my engines super clean so would be good to see everyone's MPG.

Cheers
James

Hi @James Miles, the T6 certainly makes for a brilliant family car replacement; that is what mine is. As to price, you might get lucky depending on age. I bought mine from a main dealer as an ex-demo 11 months old at the time, and the price was towards the top of your budget without including the VAT, so well over it by the time that was added on.
As a base line comparison it's a high line with twin sliders, LED's, parking sensors front and rear with reversing camera. It had the 18" sportline wheels and was sat on the Eibach 30mm springs.

I bought my highline kombi DSG as ex demo a few months old with a few thousand for 22,900 plus vat so under £30k with everything your after except led headlights so sounds reasonable but you need to keep looking as led headlights are not overly common on ex demos
Regards mpg I think your not going to get what you want, real world values vary massively you might be lucky and get a good one but it's unlikely you will hit your target unless driving like miss daisy on motorways

Thanks everyone for your feedback appreciated. I think the 150 BMT engine is the most efficient and on paper claims 47mpg ! So i wondered if remapped whether you might gain an extra 10% or so. I don't drive like a mad man anymore and pretty frugle that how i managed 46mpg out my scircocco 59 plate 2.0 tsi ( during half term and 40mph in 6th!)

@DaveyB I've seen most vans lowered on H + R springs at 40mm lower. A friend had a T5 40mm on 20" rims and 35 profile tyres and it was far too harsh. I was thinking 30mm and 40 profile tyres. How does your ride ?

I was thinking 30mm lower and some 19" scirocco concept wheels i have. (These are the original ones made for VW not ebay ones!- I have some 18's of them=rubbish ) I have them as my scriocco was the concept r car. - Going to be sad to see her sold!

I'm thinking main dealer is a good idea and then to add the customisation.

Wheels are a bit more complex on a van. You need to make sure that the stud pattern is correct, but you also need to make sure that the load rating (i.e. the strength or weight bearing ability) is high enough.

Most car wheels are not rated high enough for a van = illegal / invalid insurance etc.

Yeah i've read that and planned having them looked at. Probably just sell them with the scirocco as they look absolutely amazing on it. Then start again with the van!

What opinions on the engines and best one to go for for fuel economy / vs fun/ not utterly dog slow etc.

Anyone got the 204 bhp model ? Average mpg on paper on that looks better than the 180 bhp euro5 engine i guess!

180 and 204 are twin turbo.
140 and 150 are single turbo but can be chipped to 175+ quite easily
102 is the same engine and can also be chipped, but has a 5 speed box which can have problems with torque overload if you chip the engine too far.

T6 150ps Highline, just done 587 miles with 50 miles still showing on display .Used 63lts (13.8 Galls) = 42.5 mpg.
Set cc to 60mph for the full tank. Boring as hell.
Scot

The Eibachs 30mm is the only lowering spring you'll get from VW that they can't get out of a warranty claim on, because they supply these.

Whilst they improve the stance and stop some of the body roll, the ride was harsh and crashy. That is why I now run B14's dropped to about 60mm. Worth every penny.

Interesting so might be worth diving straight in for the bilstein setup. I have to say suspension is everything. My scirocco was custom made by vagtech and my god it's good!

Cheers you've now made my wishlist / cost jump further :) Got to be done right though!

Interesting so might be worth diving straight in for the bilstein setup. I have to say suspension is everything. My scirocco was custom made by vagtech and my god it's good!

Cheers you've now made my wishlist / cost jump further :) Got to be done right though!
I only had the Eibachs as they came on the van with it being an ex demo. Had I have had a stock height vehicle I would have lowered it one way or other, as I drove an I lowered one as a test drive and new instantly that I would be unable to live with it, moving out of an s-line Audi. If I had needed to lower it, then potentially I would not have gone straight for B14's as when I joined this forum the information and number of folk running them was no where near what it is now. That would have made for an expensive mistake.
If I had been in the position you are in now, plus knowing how good I have found the B14's, then I would go straight for the Bilsteins and miss out opting just for lowering springs. Don't get me wrong, the B14's won't make the van handle like a car and eliminate all of the body roll; HOWEVER, there is an answer to that, add a set of H&R ARB's alongside the B14's and you will have one sweet ride.

I have to agree with@daveyb . I can say the B14s and ARBs on my kombi make it so much more like a decent car handing wise. Done a few miles on mine now and i am very impressed , i fined myself with my head pinned to the side window waiting for the bus to flip when i pushing it round the slip roads :D . On stock rims the ride was still really good and i would say on the sportsline rims (18s) it would be just as good. I am running 19s and i would say its a bit harsher.

I only had the Eibachs as they came on the van with it being an ex demo. Had I have had a stock height vehicle I would have lowered it one way or other, as I drove an I lowered one as a test drive and new instantly that I would be unable to live with it, moving out of an s-line Audi. If I had needed to lower it, then potentially I would not have gone straight for B14's as when I joined this forum the information and number of folk running them was no where near what it is now. That would have made for an expensive mistake.
If I had been in the position you are in now, plus knowing how good I have found the B14's, then I would go straight for the Bilsteins and miss out opting just for lowering springs. Don't get me wrong, the B14's won't make the van handle like a car and eliminate all of the body roll; HOWEVER, there is an answer to that, add a set of H&R ARB's alongside the B14's and you will have one sweet ride.

Thanks @DaveyB

If you add anti rollbars at the back then I won't be able to fit in the rear bed and it will get in the way of any luggage won't it ? I do like the sound of it maybe just add the front one. Doubt i'll get the bilstein past the wife but defo not Anti roll bar!! I'm working on the bilstein though!

Thanks @DaveyB

If you add anti rollbars at the back then I won't be able to fit in the rear bed and it will get in the way of any luggage won't it ? I do like the sound of it maybe just add the front one. Doubt i'll get the bilstein past the wife but defo not Anti roll bar!! I'm working on the bilstein though!

Ignore that just found the photos! right will get that added to the list on the sly ;-)

Back