VW Transporter T6 colour change help please.

ninenine22

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I want to change the colour of my van to pure grey but my wife thinks its a bit bland and thinks I should pick a brighter colour.
What colours do you guys like? and more importantly who is with me on the pure grey?
All opinions welcome and who knows she may even win but i doubt it :)
I have added a photo to help sway favour in my direction.
Thanks.

Grey .png

Pure Grey all the way. You can always introduce a highlight colour into the vehicle with painted brake calipers, grille bars, badges, etc. Almost any bright colour will work with the neutral grey background that Pure Grey provides. Maybe Barbie pink?

Be easier to sell it and buy a pure grey. Plus I’d think that its resale value would take a hit trying to explain why it’s had a full repaint.
What about a wrap?

What colour is it currently? Accent colours may transform it.

I've just had a new road bike frame under warranty, but all Cannondale had in the right size was satin black with a tiny bit of gloss black accents. I really didn't like it, but had no other option. I've just added some subtle yellow details and it's made the world of difference. Eyes are drawn to the yellow bits, rather than the mass of dull black.

With your van, pick a colour and experiment with some vinyl. It doesn't have to be all that tidy to begin with. It's just to give you an idea of how it could look for very little outlay.

Having said that, then looked at you previous posts I see it's orange.

I'd embrace that but tone it down with some black details. Unless it needs paint due to it's previous life, then pure grey all the way..

I'm still waiting for magnolia over wood chip wallpaper with white ceilings and woodwork to make a comeback... wrong thread?
In my own case I think pure grey might have run its course a bit as it was quite eye catching on the Focus ST and as Nardo grey on Audi's back in 2017 but by now there should be a similar replacement new "signature" colour?

I want to change the colour of my van to pure grey but my wife thinks its a bit bland and thinks I should pick a brighter colour.
What colours do you guys like? and more importantly who is with me on the pure grey?
All opinions welcome and who knows she may even win but i doubt it :)
I have added a photo to help sway favour in my direction.
Thanks.

View attachment 207195
Keep top half your original RAC orange & then wrap / spray bottom half pure grey?
Everyone is happy then & also you would have a colour combination that is probably unique to you?

Back