Found VW T6 Tailgate Bike Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookybear

Sold up
T6 Pro
Hi folks,

I know they are a bit rocking horse muck at the mo but if anyone is thinking of selling their VW tailgate rack now the silly season is nearly over I'm in the market for one. Just ordered a new MTB but it won't be here till Christmas or later so no real rush but just putting feelers out if you are thinking of selling.

Cheers, Shane (York)

Cheers folks, messaged the guy on facemuck, see what he comes back at. Yes, going to start keeping an eye on the bay to see what comes up

Do we know if the T5, T6 T6.1 are all the same part number?
different i think, when i was looking i was told they are not the same, i have a version 2 t6 rack as its the only one that was available at the time, prefer it to the version 1 tbh,

Cheers mister,

Upon further looking I think you are correct. I have seen the V2 & am I right in thinking it will take a longer bike or is it just the pics I have seen?

Have you seen the Atera Linea? I believe they make the racks for VW, but the quality of their own are at least as good I reckon, and last time I looked they were cheaper (EDIT £400 from Roofbox Co.). Had one on my T6 for coming up 3 years.

Last edited:
Cheers mister,

Upon further looking I think you are correct. I have seen the V2 & am I right in thinking it will take a longer bike or is it just the pics I have seen?
not 100% but i think the version 2 was made to look like t5 rack, folk not happy with first version for t6, why else would vw make 2 bike racks for same model?

Hey Boxelder

Looked good till I saw they can't be used with the tailgate lower chrome strip which my Gen Six has :-(

Cheers anyhoos

Hey Boxelder

Looked good till I saw they can't be used with the tailgate lower chrome strip which my Gen Six has :-(

Cheers anyhoos
never saw it before, looked for ages for a budget bike rack, the vw straps are pretty poor and the rack needs tied when not in use, fiamma one on the t4 were much better

Aha,

So better than the dub one so says you guys, happy days. It's to take an eMTB so 30kg is good. Is there any chance of marking the paintwork with these, are they quite well protected?

Aha,

So better than the dub one so says you guys, happy days. It's to take an eMTB so 30kg is good. Is there any chance of marking the paintwork with these, are they quite well protected?
Same as VW, come with the clear protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back